Headshot and recoil tip for most fps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headshot and recoil tip for most fps

This is more for ground pounders like me...and can be applied to lots of fps.

When vertical threats are low or elevation isn't coming into play, or when close combat is likely such as in confined areas/boxes, generally keep your cross hairs at head level.

When someone surprises you or pops out firing with the advantage on you, it's more likely you can take them down with your first round or two...

From youtube videos and talking to gamers, it seems many players learn their guns recoil and then keep their crosshairs lower than head level based on how the gun of preference recoils...thinking they will put a couple rounds into the stomach, chest area, so the 4-5th bullet hits the head due to recoil.

Rather I think you'll average more successful encounters trying to put the first bullet, maybe 2, in the head. First of all, it's better to "aim" for approximate head level when you have a moment. Rather then when an enemy rounds the corner at you. One easy way to do this is put your crosshairs on a team mates head, and then generally keep them at that level when you move.

In regards to recoil - What you want to do is master a guns recoil by moving your mouse in a downward motion in an effort to counteract the upward recoil. This will help you keep your crosshairs around head level, and with practice and the right touch, takes a lot of the effects of recoil away. It also allows you to shoot faster, rather than waiting for the gun to settle down between shots.

The best part about this technique is when there's multiple enemies. You're more likely to get that squad wipe pin when you can take down 4 men with 4 bullets. Simply move your crosshairs side to side with by strafing with your keyboard, or with your mouse if needed, keeping your crosshairs level as you draw a horizontal line of bullets through your enemies heads.

Re: Headshot and recoil tip for most fps

Originally posted by CROSSFlRE View Post

From youtube videos and talking to gamers, it seems many players learn their guns recoil and then keep their crosshairs lower than head level based on how the gun of preference recoils...thinking they will put a couple rounds into the stomach, chest area, so the 4-5th bullet hits the head due to recoil.
    Keeping it at upper chest is the solution for most as a lot of people simply dont have the accuracy needed to get that first 1 or 2 bullets on the head.

Originally posted by CROSSFlRE View Post
    In regards to recoil - What you want to do is master a guns recoil by moving your mouse in a downward motion in an effort to counteract the upward recoil. This will help you keep your crosshairs around head level, and with practice and the right touch, takes a lot of the effects of recoil away. It also allows you to shoot faster, rather than waiting for the gun to settle down between shots.
    Couple of things here to remember. The recoil dsnt just move up. It moves up to the right or up to the left. So you have to account for the left and right movement aswell depending on which gun you use. Also, it could make you shoot faster, but only at close range(10-15 feet maybe), because the bullet spread should also be taken into account.

Comment

In games like America's Army and Counter Strike, it's generally beneficial to keep your crosshairs at about neck or head level because a headshot is a one shot kill. In Battlefield, it's at least a two shot kill, and there's no guarantee that even if your first shot hits a head, the second shot won't go over or to the side of your target.

Generally, aiming for the chest is best. At close range, upper-chest with 5-round bursts or sprays. At medium-long range, middle or lower chest with two-round bursts.
      He was told that he should not kill, and he did not kill, until he got into the Army. Then he was told to kill, and he killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercenary90 View Post
        In games like America's Army and Counter Strike, it's generally beneficial to keep your crosshairs at about neck or head level because a headshot is a one shot kill. In Battlefield, it's at least a two shot kill, and there's no guarantee that even if your first shot hits a head, the second shot won't go over or to the side of your target.

Generally, aiming for the chest is best. At close range, upper-chest with 5-round bursts or sprays. At medium-long range, middle or lower chest with two-round bursts.
        My general policy has been just that: aiming at the upper chest. It works, but I notice that the players who a) have excellent aim and b) aim at the head, take me down before I can do much damage (barring me shooting them in the back, which almost always works...).
        And so I'm trying to start aiming at the head more in CQB, like Crossfire described in his post.

Thanks for the post, BTW!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X