Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] BF3 Official System Requirements

Minimum system requirements
    Processor: 2 ghz dual core (core 2 duo 2.4 ghz or athlon x2 2.7 ghz)
    Memory: 2 gb
    Hard drive: 20 gb
    Graphics card (amd): directx 10.1 compatible with 512 mb ram (ati radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series, with ati radeon 3870 or higher performance)
    Graphics card (nvidia): directx 10.0 compatible with 512 mb ram (nvidia geforce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500 series with nvidia geforce 8800 gt or higher performance)
    Sound card: directx compatible
    Keyboard and mouse
    DVD ROM drive

Recommended system requirements
    OS Windows 7 64-bit
    Processor: Quad-core cpu
    Memory: 4 gb
    Hard drive: 20 gb
    Graphics card: Directx 11 compatible with 1024 mb ram (nvidia geforce gtx 560 or ati radeon 6950)
    Sound card: Directx compatible
    Keyboard and mouse
    DVD ROM drive

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta

Edit:
    Confirmed to be the same for Beta and Final version.
    Last edited by Iamthefallen; 09-20-2011, 07:00 PM.

Re: BF3 Official System Requirements

hmmmm.....have to see how my little modified 6950 runs this bad boy.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

From Twitter

bkohn1 Bob Kohn
      @zh1nt0 so can you tell us if the recommended system requirements are enough to run the game on ultra?

zh1nt0 Daniel Matros
      @bkohn1 recommended is usually medium

bkohn1 Bob Kohn
      @zh1nt0 so would one GTX580 run it on ultra? Or do I need two of them?

zh1nt0 Daniel Matros
      @bkohn1 2

So 2 x GTX 580 to run highest settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
        From Twitter

bkohn1 Bob Kohn
        @zh1nt0 so can you tell us if the recommended system requirements are enough to run the game on ultra?

zh1nt0 Daniel Matros
        @bkohn1 recommended is usually medium

bkohn1 Bob Kohn
        @zh1nt0 so would one GTX580 run it on ultra? Or do I need two of them?

zh1nt0 Daniel Matros
        @bkohn1 2

So 2 x GTX 580 to run highest settings.
        For what resolution? Many people have completely different views on what's max settings and what's not... so I'll still wait until the game comes out to get the verdict.

My [email protected] and 580 should completely blow this away, can't wait :). Also, system requirements lax overtime for those that are worried and are on the fence with hardware... this is because once drivers mature you'll see better frame rates. With that said, I always take system requirements with a grain of salt... some can be spot on but for the most part I feel like it's a marketing scheme and the requirements can be very off.
        A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Well I want to run highest settings but not on AA or Anistrophic filtering. So I think one 580 gtx is good for me. running 1920x1080. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Visser View Post
            Well I want to run highest settings but not on AA or Anistrophic filtering. So I think one 580 gtx is good for me. running 1920x1080. What do you think?
            In my opinion, you'll be more than okay. Should be able to throw some AA in there as well... but again, I want to see the real results for in-game testing from the final product as this still gives us a vague picture on what's required...
            A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Originally posted by Kappa View Post
              For what resolution? Many people have completely different views on what's max settings and what's not... so I'll still wait until the game comes out to get the verdict.
              Sure, but at least now we have some idea of what to expect.

I would hazard a guess and a buck that the resolution that's based on is 1920x1080. Probably 1650 x 1080 for minimum.

Comment

I have to say, that pretty damn high on requirements, thank god for new builds.

Comment

How my setup runs the beta will determine what gfx cards I will upgrade to. I am trying to wait for 7970 to release in Q1 2012.

The recommended specs are pretty high! That's great news for the longevity of the game! Now all we need are Mod Tools!
                  -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                    I have to say, that pretty damn high on requirements, thank god for new builds.
                    Yeah, I was a little surprised that they recommend a 560 or 6950 for effectively medium settings.

I'm sure there's some margin in there, as they don't want the game to look bad or stutter, but still.

Comment

I am excited to see the graphics card comparisons on the tech websites. I wanna see the the 6950 2GB, 6970 2GB, 570 and 570 2.5GB, and 580 and 580 3GB compared, all in single card and SLI.

It will be great to see the performance scaling, even though the drivers and game won't be 100% perfect. I wonder if specific drivers will be released for the game from both AMD and nVidia.
                      -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

also remember you will probably be able to scale it back to DX10 to gain a bit of performance increase if need be.
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Why did I get a monitor with 1920X1080 resolution!?
                          The only thing I need to do something about is my graphics card (265GTX), other than that I should be fine.
                          "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                            also remember you will probably be able to scale it back to DX10 to gain a bit of performance increase if need be.
                            true, my 275's are DX9 and DX10/10.1 compatible only. I think that BF3 will only have DX9 and DX11 modes though; 9 for the consoles and PC and 11 for PC only.

Comment

I have found in most bf games that settings on high/max are a disadvantage. I will make it as good as I can without impacting what I can see. I'll play it on max for a bit just for the eye candy, but scale it back to whatever gives me the best visibility of the bad guy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X