X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Namebot
    replied
    Re: BF3 Official System Requirements

Wait and see is my thing, but taking your BC2 experience and lowering it a bit should give you a rough idea if you like to upgrade before you play.

You have a well balanced system. Trying to upgrade it is a money sink though sadly.

Motherboard, memory 4-8 gigs your call, and CPU. Quad core. 2500k. This is the key to removing performance dips. $350-400. Reuse everything else if you are short on cash. A new video card will allow you to turn up the settings.

Leave a comment:

• Beatnik
    replied

Any suggestions on the best bang for the buck improvement specifically for BF3 on my system?

Current specs:
    E8400 Core 2 Duo OC'd to 3.3ghz (LGA 775 socket)
    4 gigs DDR-800 memory
    Geforce 8800 GT
    At 1920x1280 resolution - 55" of it ;)

No idea where the bottleneck is though. My first instinct is to upgrade the card (likely to the 470) for ~$200. But extra memory is only $50 for 4 more gigs. Somehow, the old Q8400 @ 2.66 is still like $180. Any thoughts (or even better, links) are appreciated. Looking forward to killing it in this game.

Leave a comment:

• Ven
    replied
    Sweet! I get to see bf3 in its 1080p glory :D

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Skud
    replied

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
    Update:
    According to a DICE Engine Developer @repi, the "recommended" system requirments are for running BF3 at high settings, not medium as previous stated.

https://twitter.com/#!/repi/status/117250670511407105

Thanks God, the kids can go to college after all.
    Whew... Thought "medium" for rec system specs was a bit... fishy.

Leave a comment:

• glycerin
    replied

Nice find fallen, I was just gonna post this up.

Leave a comment:

• Iamthefallen
    replied

Update:
    According to a DICE Engine Developer @repi, the "recommended" system requirments are for running BF3 at high settings, not medium as previous stated.

https://twitter.com/#!/repi/status/117250670511407105

Thanks God, the kids can go to college after all.

Leave a comment:

• kilroy0097
    replied

Nvidia preparing special drivers for Battlefield 3 beta.
    Source: http://bf3blog.com/2011/09/nvidia-pr...efield-3-beta/

The Battlefield 3 beta is less than a week away, and graphics card maker Nvidia revealed to us that they plan to release brand new, custom drivers just in time for the Battlefield 3 beta. The new, Battlefield 3-specific GeForce drivers are set to arrive on September 26, a day ahead of the beta release. The drivers will make sure the game (beta) runs smooth with no driver incompatibilities, something which happened with the Bad Company 2 beta last year.
    The new drivers will also make sure the beta can take full advantage of Nvidia hardware, with the ability to max out features such as Tesselation. The drivers will also bring better performance across the board on Nvidia GeForce graphics cards.
    We dunno if AMD will follow suit with their own set of drivers optimized for Battlefield 3. The beta starts on September 27 for those with early access, and on September 29 for everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• Acreo Aeneas
    replied

I took those system requirements as for the beta, not necessarily what it will be for the final game.

In whichever case, it's a bit weird given how the recommended graphics cards are fairly high-end cards priced at $250+. Low end puts it at a HD3870/HD5670 or a 8800GT. Given that, I sit somewhere in the middle even though I meet or exceed the recommended requirements in everything else.

@DigitalAssassin,

You somewhere in the middle same as me. The HD4850 is quite a bit better than the 8800GT (~2x fps in most games at higher resolutions).

Leave a comment:

• Gore
    replied

Got an i5 sandy and 8 gb ram coming in next week, but still have to use a gtx 275 on 1920x1080, i hope it's enough.
    Last edited by Gore; 09-21-2011, 10:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Greasy Mullet
    replied

I will be using my super old 8800GTX until the 600 series GFX cards come out. I see more value in waiting for the next generation (which may not come until early next year) than splurging on this older generation that is out dated and will not have the performance I want for BF3 and future titles without a great cost. If my 8800GTX is unplayable then that is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

Leave a comment:

• BarrytBaptist
    replied

I play at 2560x1600 and anything lower is really painful. We will see when the game is out. BF3 alpha was ok but I was not blown away.

Leave a comment:

• DigitalAssassin
    replied

Well, I'm on the low end compared to you guys as far as video card. I've got plenty of CPU (Quad Core 2.8Ghz) and RAM (4GB) but I'm rolling a 1GB Radeon 4850. But, I still have a 17"LCD and game 1280X1024 and I'm fine with that for now so I'm hoping that helps me out a bit. Can't really bite on a new card right at the moment. I play BC2 with everything on high so I'm hoping for everything medium with BF3 and I'll be happy until I can get a new video card.

Leave a comment:

• Skud
    replied

Interesting. The last time we had any details on the rec system specs the 460 was on the rec. Now it's the 560. Not too big of a leap, but a little bit of a lilly pad hop.

Leave a comment:

• glycerin
    replied

Yup, at that resolution you should be good to go!

Leave a comment:

• di1lweed1212
    replied

i've got an i7 930 (2.8ghz for now, OC'ing over christmass after i get liquid cooler)
    and a 6870 gonna be rolling in soon, 1600x900 res. Im guessing i should be more than ok?

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X