• glycerin
    replied
    Re: BF3 Official System Requirements

double post

Leave a comment:

• glycerin
    replied

The requirements stated in the first post have been confirmed to be for the BF3 final per Johan Andersson
    @repi Stockholm, Sweden
    Rendering Architect at DICE working on Frostbite, Battlefield 3 and future DICE/EA games.

check his twitter feed for more info. http://twitter.com/#!/repi

:)

Leave a comment:

• sc1ence
    replied

I am going to wait and see how the game plays on ati and nvidia crossfire/sli setups before I make a purchase. I am running dual 5770s now. I suspect that will be enough to play on med/low settings with solid fps.

Leave a comment:

• Ven
    replied

This is pretty much my only hobby, I don't drink...much. Don't smoke, don't run to bars. My wife is more than happy to shell out a little $$$ to keep her hubby home :). I spend $60 dollars on a game and get 1000hrs of entertainment, or I can go see 3 movies and get 6 hrs....it's a no brainer.

Leave a comment:

• BleedingKnee
    replied

I'm always amazed at how much money gamers are willing to sink into a PC so they can play the latest title. Myself included. I'm not advocating they charge more for games, but it sure seems like a lot of us would still pay.

Leave a comment:

• glycerin
    replied

Originally posted by Ven View Post
    DX9 = no. They have already stated that no dx9 will be available on PC
    sounds good to me! I am glad they are doing DX10 only GFX on PC. Thx for the info.

Leave a comment:

• Ven
    replied

Originally posted by glycerin View Post
    true, my 275's are DX9 and DX10/10.1 compatible only. I think that BF3 will only have DX9 and DX11 modes though; 9 for the consoles and PC and 11 for PC only.
    DX9 = no. They have already stated that no dx9 will be available on PC

Leave a comment:

• Kappa
    replied

Good point. I definitely want to play the single player campaign as maxed out as possible though, even if it is a slightly lower framerate. And by that I mean around 40FPS. In MP I want at least 60.

Like I said, I am trying the stretch these 275's until nVidia 700/AMD 7000.
    From the issues that Nvidia are having with the die shrink on the 700 I may wait for the 800 series. Nvidia sort of runs on the same "tick-tock" marketing/developing scheme that Intel does. The 400 was meh, but the 500 series was amazing and corrected many of the issues that the 400 series had. It will most likely be the same case when the 700 series rolls out, especially that the 800 series will improve on the die shrink that the 700 series will be attempting.

Leave a comment:

• glycerin
    replied

Originally posted by Kappa View Post
    Well I can already speak for the 580 1.5GB vs. 3GB and the 3GB gets a few less frames than the 1.5GB on 1920x1200 and less resolutions as there are numerous tests out there to confirm it. But anything higher obviously the 3GB was the way to go. With that said, AMD/Nvidia will always throw out new "official" drivers that will better support BF3... just curious how the current Nvidia beta drivers will hold up, unless a new WHQL gets released right before beta. Currently the newest ones are 285.27.
    Yeah, but I wanna see BF3 beta/final card comparisons. I wanna see how much VRAM it can swallow up. My 275s aren't really running out of horsepower at the res I run (1200p), I am running out of frame buffer and have to turn down the candy.

I can't completely confirm this... but I believe BF3 will actually only be 10,10.1,11 compatible. One reason is that I don't believe you can run this game on XP and in the requirements DX9 isn't even mentioned, even for minimum. So I believe you'll be just fine there. I wouldn't worry to much about DX11 if you don't have it as all current games do not fully integrate DX11 into their games... mainly just for some things like water, explosions, etc. Witcher 2 looks amazing and I don't even think they used any DX11 what-so-ever. What DX version you're using tends to be overrated in many cases.
    Well it has to be DX9 compatible to be able to run on consoles. I guess we will see in a week! (if they have those options int he beta)

This is another valid point, anyone that's in competitive gaming will choose visibility over shiny explosions covering your screen any day.
    Good point. I definitely want to play the single player campaign as maxed out as possible though, even if it is a slightly lower framerate. And by that I mean around 40FPS. In MP I want at least 60.

Like I said, I am trying the stretch these 275's until nVidia 700/AMD 7000. :)

Leave a comment:

• Kappa
    replied

I am excited to see the graphics card comparisons on the tech websites. I wanna see the the 6950 2GB, 6970 2GB, 570 and 570 2.5GB, and 580 and 580 3GB compared, all in single card and SLI.

It will be great to see the performance scaling, even though the drivers and game won't be 100% perfect. I wonder if specific drivers will be released for the game from both AMD and nVidia.
    Well I can already speak for the 580 1.5GB vs. 3GB and the 3GB gets a few less frames than the 1.5GB on 1920x1200 and less resolutions as there are numerous tests out there to confirm it. But anything higher obviously the 3GB was the way to go. With that said, AMD/Nvidia will always throw out new "official" drivers that will better support BF3... just curious how the current Nvidia beta drivers will hold up, unless a new WHQL gets released right before beta. Currently the newest ones are 285.27.

true, my 275's are DX9 and DX10/10.1 compatible only. I think that BF3 will only have DX9 and DX11 modes though; 9 for the consoles and PC and 11 for PC only.
    I can't completely confirm this... but I believe BF3 will actually only be 10,10.1,11 compatible. One reason is that I don't believe you can run this game on XP and in the requirements DX9 isn't even mentioned, even for minimum. So I believe you'll be just fine there. I wouldn't worry to much about DX11 if you don't have it as all current games do not fully integrate DX11 into their games... mainly just for some things like water, explosions, etc. Witcher 2 looks amazing and I don't even think they used any DX11 what-so-ever. What DX version you're using tends to be overrated in many cases.

I have found in most bf games that settings on high/max are a disadvantage. I will make it as good as I can without impacting what I can see. I'll play it on max for a bit just for the eye candy, but scale it back to whatever gives me the best visibility of the bad guy.
    This is another valid point, anyone that's in competitive gaming will choose visibility over shiny explosions covering your screen any day.

Leave a comment:

• Spur
    replied

I have found in most bf games that settings on high/max are a disadvantage. I will make it as good as I can without impacting what I can see. I'll play it on max for a bit just for the eye candy, but scale it back to whatever gives me the best visibility of the bad guy.

Leave a comment:

• glycerin
    replied

Originally posted by Ven View Post
    also remember you will probably be able to scale it back to DX10 to gain a bit of performance increase if need be.

Leave a comment:

• Lien
    replied

Why did I get a monitor with 1920X1080 resolution!?
    The only thing I need to do something about is my graphics card (265GTX), other than that I should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Ven
    replied

also remember you will probably be able to scale it back to DX10 to gain a bit of performance increase if need be.

Leave a comment:

• glycerin
    replied

I am excited to see the graphics card comparisons on the tech websites. I wanna see the the 6950 2GB, 6970 2GB, 570 and 570 2.5GB, and 580 and 580 3GB compared, all in single card and SLI.

It will be great to see the performance scaling, even though the drivers and game won't be 100% perfect. I wonder if specific drivers will be released for the game from both AMD and nVidia.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X