• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iamthefallen
    started a topic [INFO] BF3 Official System Requirements

BF3 Official System Requirements

Minimum system requirements
    Processor: 2 ghz dual core (core 2 duo 2.4 ghz or athlon x2 2.7 ghz)
    Memory: 2 gb
    Hard drive: 20 gb
    Graphics card (amd): directx 10.1 compatible with 512 mb ram (ati radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series, with ati radeon 3870 or higher performance)
    Graphics card (nvidia): directx 10.0 compatible with 512 mb ram (nvidia geforce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500 series with nvidia geforce 8800 gt or higher performance)
    Sound card: directx compatible
    Keyboard and mouse
    DVD ROM drive

Recommended system requirements
    OS Windows 7 64-bit
    Processor: Quad-core cpu
    Memory: 4 gb
    Hard drive: 20 gb
    Graphics card: Directx 11 compatible with 1024 mb ram (nvidia geforce gtx 560 or ati radeon 6950)
    Sound card: Directx compatible
    Keyboard and mouse
    DVD ROM drive

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta

Edit:
    Confirmed to be the same for Beta and Final version.
    Last edited by Iamthefallen; 09-20-2011, 06:00 PM.

• OldGunney
    replied
    Re: BF3 Official System Requirements

OldGunney here!

AMD Quad core 3.2gig Phenom
    4 gig Ram
    Nvidia GTS 250 1gig
    Windows 7

I found that adding an extra 2gig of Ram to my original 2gig made a big difference to my game play! It seems that each time you start up game it gets a little better as maybe the program changes settings on the fly to improve playability.

Looks like I need to upgrade my video card AGAIN! Looking at getting a NVIDIA GTX 560.

Leave a comment:

• Beatnik
    replied

Originally posted by Jacmert View Post
    By the way, are you sure you can't get your E8400 past 3.3 GHz? I had to raise the voltage to about 1.304V idle (according to CPU-Z. I think I have it set to 1.325 V in the BIOS) which is about as much voltage as I feel comfortable putting on my CPU 24/7. But like I said, I got it up to 3.7GHz (410MHz bus speed, so my RAM is at 984MHz instead of 800MHz. I had to raise DDR voltage from 1.8V to 2.1V, I think. But my RAM is rated for that). Note: every CPU is a unique piece of silicon, though, so you may not be able to get the same clocks as mine.
    Thanks for the specs - I was able to get to 3.5 but then I started getting BSOD'd, so that's fine for now. Got a used 2.4G quad coming in the mail to remove the CPU bottleneck. Hopefully OC that to 3.0 and be done with it.

Leave a comment:

• ProjectNA
    replied

Wow, runs like butter. Imagine that <slaps forehead, and the dog's forehead>.

Leave a comment:

• Iamthefallen
    replied

For giggles, enable SLI and see what happens :D

Leave a comment:

• ProjectNA
    replied

Oops. When I did the AMD update, it disabled SLI. Will try turning it on : )

Leave a comment:

• Iamthefallen
    replied

For giggles, disable SLI and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Visser
    replied

Watching a video of a i7-2600k, 570 gtx classified, 8GB ram. Guy is getting 59-75 fps while recording with FRAPS too on High. Excited for my new build now.

Leave a comment:

• ProjectNA
    replied

I am loving the game and what it will become here at TG. However, I feel like I am moving in molasses. I have:

i5 720 OC'd to 3.61GHz
    Dual 5770s in SLI
    4GB RAM

Outside of maybe needing some more RAM, I went down to low and still felt 'off'. I am getting around 40-50FPS in low and medium (seems to be the same on both).

Anyone else getting that feel from the game? Might just be because I'm used to the speed on BC2, but I don't think that's it.

Leave a comment:

• Jacmert
    replied

Btw, I get about 25-40fps in BC2 @ 1920x1080 (no AA, no HBAO) with everything else on High, I think. 16x Anisotropic filtering.

Leave a comment:

• Jacmert
    replied

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
    Any suggestions on the best bang for the buck improvement specifically for BF3 on my system?

Current specs:
    E8400 Core 2 Duo OC'd to 3.3ghz (LGA 775 socket)
    4 gigs DDR-800 memory
    Geforce 8800 GT
    At 1920x1280 resolution - 55" of it ;)

No idea where the bottleneck is though. My first instinct is to upgrade the card (likely to the 470) for ~$200. But extra memory is only $50 for 4 more gigs. Somehow, the old Q8400 @ 2.66 is still like $180. Any thoughts (or even better, links) are appreciated. Looking forward to killing it in this game.
    That sounds similar to my setup. I have my E8400 OC'd to 3.7GHz and I have a 512MB Radeon 4870, with 4GB DDR2 memory (OC'd, but that's just cause of the CPU OC).

Since it's based off the same engine as BC2, which was notorious(?) for wanting a quad-core CPU, I have a hunch you're almost equally bottlenecked between your CPU and GPU. Your GPU is probably more of the limiter, though.

Also, increasing your RAM won't give you more frames per second. So I wouldn't worry about that.

Maybe you should upgrade your GPU first. And then maybe down the road you can replace your CPU - that will require a new motherboard, anyways, and probably new RAM. So that's a much bigger cost. Which isn't too bad, because you're probably more GPU bottlenecked, anyways.

By the way, are you sure you can't get your E8400 past 3.3 GHz? I had to raise the voltage to about 1.304V idle (according to CPU-Z. I think I have it set to 1.325 V in the BIOS) which is about as much voltage as I feel comfortable putting on my CPU 24/7. But like I said, I got it up to 3.7GHz (410MHz bus speed, so my RAM is at 984MHz instead of 800MHz. I had to raise DDR voltage from 1.8V to 2.1V, I think. But my RAM is rated for that). Note: every CPU is a unique piece of silicon, though, so you may not be able to get the same clocks as mine.

Leave a comment:

• Kappa
    replied

Originally posted by kilroy0097 View Post
    See I don't think that's correct. I don't believe they changed it. I think that's a typo.
    The 560 has been accepted as the Recommended level Video Card. It's been confirmed multiple times by DICE Devs. Plus the BF3 Beta website still lists the 560 as the recommended card.

All signs point towards a typo IMO.
    I doubt it as I find no reason for someone to go and change it at will if it was already correct. If it was a typo, I'm sure it would have been corrected already or at least soon.
    Last edited by Kappa; 09-26-2011, 01:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Visser
    replied

Originally posted by Kappa View Post
    I went with the EVGA 580, main reason is because I purchased it before all of the non-reference cards started coming out and EVGA has a lifetime warranty. Therefore if it breaks in 3 years, they will replace it with something better (i.e. 770, 860, etc). I would advise you though not to go with the triple slot card that Asus provides. MSI's twin frozer card offers better cooling and overclocking while only being a dual slot. If I was in the market a couple months after I purchased my reference EVGA 580 I would have gone that route. If you go with a 570, I would still recommend the twin frozer from MSI.
    I have heard the same things from the Twin Frozer cards as well. I have considered EVGA for their lifetime warrenty but man the reviews on them show many DOA from Newegg. However, in my expereience whenever I ordered an item from Newegg with many people having DOA issues I never once did encounter the same. Thanks for the input.

Leave a comment:

• kilroy0097
    replied

Originally posted by Kappa View Post
    Newly Updated Requirements for BF3 -
    Source
    Notice the recommended change from a 560 to a 570.
    See I don't think that's correct. I don't believe they changed it. I think that's a typo.
    The 560 has been accepted as the Recommended level Video Card. It's been confirmed multiple times by DICE Devs. Plus the BF3 Beta website still lists the 560 as the recommended card.

All signs point towards a typo IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Kappa
    replied

Originally posted by Visser View Post
    I have a similar build set up. Which 580 did you get? I am looking towards the triple slot Asus 580. I might resort to a 570 to save some money on the costs.

I hardly base my experience on SystemRequirements.com though. I know it gives you an idea that it WILL run but I care more for HOW WELL it will run.
    I went with the EVGA 580, main reason is because I purchased it before all of the non-reference cards started coming out and EVGA has a lifetime warranty. Therefore if it breaks in 3 years, they will replace it with something better (i.e. 770, 860, etc). I would advise you though not to go with the triple slot card that Asus provides. MSI's twin frozer card offers better cooling and overclocking while only being a dual slot. If I was in the market a couple months after I purchased my reference EVGA 580 I would have gone that route. If you go with a 570, I would still recommend the twin frozer from MSI.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X