AMD Phenom II X4 925 Temperatures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Phenom II X4 925 Temperatures

Well, BF3 beta is making my CPU it's bitch. :)

Seems to really be running hot so I'm looking for some HS/F advice. Just blew out everything and hit the HS/F hard during it to make sure I'm starting out clean.

Ambient temperature overall is ~75F/24C. Idle temp is 85F/29C. Last night (granted, pre blow out but I blow out weekly) after a couple of rounds of BF3 beta under load it was 166F/74C (I'll test again this morning under load and post results if they differ). I guess some of that could have been dust but that seems pretty high. Usually gets around that as well when I'm running Handbrake to transcode stuff.

So, I'm looking to get the temp down a noticeable amount. The good news is I'm running stock HS/F so pretty much anything will be an improvement. Needs to support AM3 but looks like most universal ones do. Any recommendations? I don't want to go crazy so somewhere in the $25-$50 range would be good. I've got a decent mid-range system so I just want to be pro-active and make it last.

Thanks!

Re: AMD Phenom II X4 925 Temperatures

Cleaning an reapplying the thermal paste may be enough if you haven't done it in a while.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Re: AMD Phenom II X4 925 Temperatures

Hm, must have been a sensor misread or a piece of dust in a really bad place. Just got done playing 2 rounds and I was at 116F.

Comment

On a 925????? My 945 never goes above 38c. Which is around 100. Reapply the paste and see

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X