• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're sorry. An error has occurred

I'm getting this message when I try to start the game:

"We're sorry, an error has occurred.
    There is a problem with the game's setup. Please reinstall your game."

I've deleted and reinstalled twice. It seems that a lot of other people are having the issue, but there is no definite solution yet. See here:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...r-install.html

I'm running an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, ATI 4850 with 1GB-- on Windows Vista 32 bit. I know they aren't great specs, but I should be able to run it at least on low. And I can't even open the game. I checked my DirectX and it's running version 10.

I've read that Vista uses up a good 1GB of RAM. Do you think that could be the issue? I'm planning a new build with a Core i5, AMD 6870 with 2GB, 4GB of RAM, and with Windows 7 64 bit. But I can only do a piece at a time, starting with the gfx card and Windows 7 (if I can get a good deal through academic or something). But if my amount of RAM is the issue, that's not going to help, and I don't want to waste money on RAM that I can't use with the new system.

So, I doubt anyone can offer any solid solution here, but I'm just putting it out there. Maybe a few days into open beta, there will be more information on this error.

Re: We're sorry. An error has occurred

Update video drivers?

Comment

Yeah, I did that after the first time. No change.

But stupid me didn't realize that I don't even have SP1 or SP2. My Mac is my main machine, so I don't always keep up with the updates on the Vista machine. And it didn't show up as available in my Windows Update, until I did an update before it just now.

So, I'm installing now, and hopefully it works!

Comment

Ok, I got SP1 and SP2, as well as all other updates that I needed installed. Tried to open the game, it gave me the same error. So I deleted it, downloaded it, and installed it again. Same thing.

I'll try again now that the beta is open, in case it is an authentication issue (that's the first error that I got, which hasn't happened again). Otherwise, I'm not really sure whether it's a software or hardware issue.

Comment

It looks like, of all things, it was not updating to IE9 that was causing the issue. I've updated, and though I'm still working through some gfx drivers issues, this fixed my previous problem.

See these two links:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7563530.page

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...18944805729/1/

Comment

This is how i did to fix my problem. Im running vindows vista 64bit service pack 2

Get service pack 2

get internet explorer 9 make it standard

get the latest beta and legacy drivers if you have nvidia.

get origins

get the plugin for the web browser

And after i did this the sign saying "We're sorry. An error has occurred" didnt appear and the game launched fine from the browser.

I hope it helps for you.

//Sill

Comment

Google chrome FTW

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Hi all I just picked up BF3 and after installing it 3 times, I keep getting battlelog.battlefield.com/sso/Ciyvab0tregdVsBtboIpeChe4uzC1v5_-SIxmvSLJw7wIXb1... application not found
                I am running a 2.8 quad with crossfire dual vid cards 6 gig of ram so i know my rig can handle the game but wtf (pardon my lang.) is this about any ideas (rather ticked off i got my game at midnight and cant play it ....

Comment

Played fine last night, through Chrome. After a restart tried to get on this morning and I started to get this error. FML.
                  USAR

Comment

Reinstalled Origin. Worked like a champ.
                    USAR

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X