Infantry don't have triangles, either friendly or spotted enemy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry don't have triangles, either friendly or spotted enemy

So, in a frustrating turn of events, ever since I turned motion blur and AA down (even after I turn them back on) no infantry ever get triangles or names. No friendlies are ever named, and spotted enemy infantry don't either. Since the minimap is absurdly hard to see at times when it comes to the colors of enemies, this makes some firefights exceedingly frustrating. Its not a server-side setting, since everyone else says they're getting spots or at least friendly names, and the other option is to just shoot EVERYONE, which gets tedious.

Vehicles, however, all have spots as normal, both on the map and in 3d.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Someone in server said it happened intermittently to some people, but everyone else kept telling me that "lol, all friendlies have names over them, why can't you tell the difference?" which was, needless to say, not helpful. A quick google search also hasn't come up with much.

(Incidentally, the lack of a full, non-transparent map like in 2142 or bf2 is simply infuriating. How the hell are you supposed to know when and where to push unless you're in constant comms with other SLs? I think it'll be okay on TG, but this game is just frustratingly bad for discouraging in-game teamwork. The fact that they thought voice-coms with friends only was a good idea blows my mind)

edit: Sorry, missed the tech support forum. Bah.
    I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

You're not the only one to have the missing markers issue. Hopefully it gets fixed for the retail version.
    The map and VOIP issues sure are frustrating. Makes you wonder if any of the bf2/bf2142 devs are still with Dice.
    Beta ends monday. Lets hope Dice don't drop the ball again.

Comment

Re: Infantry don't have triangles, either friendly or spotted enemy

Ugh, I can't find anything else about it anywhere. This is incredibly frustrating, especially when playing something like OpMetro. At least at MOST engagement ranges on Caspian, I have time to confirm with the map. If there isn't a fix and friendly fire goes on the TG server, I won't be able to play there. :-/
      I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X