AMD Drivers for BF3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Drivers for BF3

I will try to keep this post/thread as updated as possible with the latest working drivers for AMD products and Battlefield 3.

Here is the latest on AMD drivers for release: AS OF 10-20-2011 02:06 PM EST

@CatalystCreator
    Andrew D
    So just to be clear - please use AMD Catalyst 11.10 V3 Preview + 11.9 CAP3 for BF3 release week
    16 minutes ago via TweetDeck
    Favorite Retweet Reply

Link:
    http://support.amd.com/it/kbarticles...eDriverV3.aspx

Get the driver only for single GPU solutions.
    Get the driver AND AMD Catalyst 11.9 Catalyst Application Profiles (CAP) Version 3 for Multi GPU solutions (crossfire). It's under Additional Downloads on the same page.

If you use AMD products, make sure to post up if these are working well for you and any changes you are making in the settings, etc. This will help other users.
    -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Re: AMD Drivers for BF3

I believe I upgraded to this. According to my CCC info:

sigpic

Comment

This is a different driver from the one for beta. I strongly suggest you fully clean out old drivers using a 3rd party program.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
        This is a different driver from the one for beta. I strongly suggest you fully clean out old drivers using a 3rd party program.
        So just installing the new drivers is a bad idea? Can you recommend a free program to clean out old drivers?

Comment

I've been using Driver Sweeper myself....not sure what the latest and greatest is, but it seems to do the job.

As with any software these days, be sure to uncheck any kind of add-on/bloatware style software that wants to come along with the install.

Comment

Well im am playing with 2x 6870s and cannot play it on ultra. AMD has some optimizations that need to be done to their drivers...
            -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

Originally posted by glycerin View Post
              Well im am playing with 2x 6870s and cannot play it on ultra. AMD has some optimizations that need to be done to their drivers...
              Really? i playing with one 6950 2GB and im playing ultra at around 40-60 FPS. Havn't installed the drivers yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
                So just installing the new drivers is a bad idea? Can you recommend a free program to clean out old drivers?
                driver sweeper. windows keeps a backup of old video drivers and they sometimes conflict with new ones.

1. uninstall via control panel.
                2. reboot
                3. driver sweeper to fully clean.
                4. reboot
                5. install new drivers
                6. install new cap.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I may need to go back and do a driver sweep and then try re-installing the drivers. I am running a 5770 and am having horrible stuttering issues on high/ some ultra. My card isn't even running above 50C so I know it is not overheating. It's driving me nuts. It will work fine for about 2 minutes and then slowly degrade in performance.

Anyone else with ATI having this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by baguiar View Post
                    I may need to go back and do a driver sweep and then try re-installing the drivers. I am running a 5770 and am having horrible stuttering issues on high/ some ultra. My card isn't even running above 50C so I know it is not overheating. It's driving me nuts. It will work fine for about 2 minutes and then slowly degrade in performance.

Anyone else with ATI having this issue?
                    Sorry, I don't mean to take this too far off topic-- I just wanted to ask what you (or others) use to check your temps? Does the Catalyst program do it, or are you using something else? It'd be nice to know that and my CPU temps.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
                      Sorry, I don't mean to take this too far off topic-- I just wanted to ask what you (or others) use to check your temps? Does the Catalyst program do it, or are you using something else? It'd be nice to know that and my CPU temps.
                      I use MSI Afterburner to monitor my GPU (MSI 5770 Hawk). I also use a tool called "SpeedFan" which can monitor my cpu temps, etc. I am sure there are better tools out there, but that is what I use for my basic needs :)

Comment

Wicked important for AMD crosdfire users. I have been dealing with stuttering since I launch. big time huge stuttering. I just read that the culprit is the cap3. uninstall CAP3!!!!

"One note – about the stuttering for CFX, the latest CAP is causing that, once you remove it, you should be fine…we’re on it and fixing it as we speak." -AMD

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/..._performance/1

Comment

^Yep I figured that out tonight. Finally a smooth game.
                          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Unfortunately I don't run CF :( Did a clean uninstall and removal of the drivers with Driver Sweeper and reinstalled the AMD Catalyst 11.10 V3 Preview without the CAP3 since I am running a single 5770. I even managed to clean up about 70 GB worth of space on my main drive by using CCleaner.

Very smooth game play for maybe 2-5 minutes and then I slowly start to get horrible stuttering and freezing to the point of the game being unplayable.

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
                              Wicked important for AMD crosdfire users. I have been dealing with stuttering since I launch. big time huge stuttering. I just read that the culprit is the cap3. uninstall CAP3!!!!

"One note – about the stuttering for CFX, the latest CAP is causing that, once you remove it, you should be fine…we’re on it and fixing it as we speak." -AMD

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/..._performance/1
                              Weird. I was having bad issues, so I followed the clean sweep instructions (thanks Billy and Science), and installed both the new drivers and Cap3 and I seemed to be doing much better last night after doing so. I have 2 5770s in xfire.

I'll do some tests with and without it. I don't think I ever got to a large conquest map last night though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X