BF3 Beta Chart of Video Card Performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 Beta Chart of Video Card Performance

Many of you ask about Video cards and BF3 performance. A previous TG thread showed charts based on the BF3 Alpha.

Here is a chart based on the BF3 Beta:

[/URL]

It's still important to point out that the Beta was not the finished product, so take these numbers with a grain of salt. Naturally, next week we'll have a better idea of actual BF3 video card performance.

-Zip
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Zippy; 10-21-2011, 02:15 AM.

:icon_frow
    |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
    sigpic

Re: BF3 Beta Chart of Video Card Performance

I think I cried a little bit seeing my precious 4870 at the very bottom of the chart. I do find it interesting that the beta did not seem to need more than 1 gig vram, though that will probably change when the real ultra settings become available.

Comment

Given that my 5850 is about the same as the 6850 I am disappoint. I'm definitely buying a 7000 series card when they come out.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

AMD drivers were definitely lacking in the beta. My sincere hope is that they get excellent drivers working ASAP, not only for my sake (being AMD CF) but also for all the new people coming in. I would rather deal with in game problems than technical problems.

Also, keep in mind that those benchmarks were posted up 3 days after the Beta started, and they made changes later in the Beta that improved performance for some people.
        -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

Don't forget, if you have only 2 gig of ram you will need more for BF3! I had 2 gig at start of Beta and noticed after I got an extra 2 gig, the performance improved considerably! I beleive the program, with Windows 7 running, took up about 2.3 gig.

Comment

Indeed, 3 gigabytes of system RAM seems to be the minimum for non stuttery gameplay.
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X