Teamspeak Overlay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak Overlay?

Is there a way to get Teamspeak Overlay working with BF3?

Thanks.
    Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Re: Teamspeak Overlay?

Good question - The game kept crashing for me when I enabled it, so I turned it off.

Comment

I did turn it on in TS3 but didn't get any overlay using the default settings in BF3. I was wondering what tweaks, if any we needed to get it to work. Or, do you need another 3rd part plug-in?
      Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I know that this is not the answer that you are looking for, but have you considered adding a second monitor? A lot of us run dual monitors, keeping apps like teamspeak on the second one, which works great for BF3.

Comment

I used to use VOIPoverlay with other BF games so I tried it with BF3 and it seems to work totally good.

http://www.voipoverlay.com/

Comment

AstroCat did you have to do anything special to get VOIP Overlay working? I bought it a while back and have it running when playing BF3 but it's not overlaying anything. I'm running a Radeon 4850 so it's a DX10 card not a DX11 card but I wouldn't think that should make a difference. Would love to get it working.

Comment

VOIP overlay works great for me, too. I just followed the instructions on this page to get it set up.

Win7 x64, TS3 x64, Geforce 460GTX

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

playclaw also works, its made by the same people as voip overlay

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
                  I know that this is not the answer that you are looking for, but have you considered adding a second monitor? A lot of us run dual monitors, keeping apps like teamspeak on the second one, which works great for BF3.
                  That's what I do. Check out my thread about a tool that let's you scroll through your TS window on a second monitor w/o minimizing the game. It's been really useful, for when your list gets moved around.

Comment

I've heard a few people ask about this in TS. Here's the settings that work for me:

You'll want to adjust the position too, the default puts it over the chat box.
                    AKA izal365

Comment

How did you get it to save a profile? My button is grey out for that option. I have those exact setting but can't seem to get it to work. Don't understand why it isn't.
                      "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                      "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I think I edited the config_user.ini by hand. You'll find it in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ts3overlay\ or possibly in a sub-directory of your teamspeak install.

Copypaste this into it:
                        Code:
                        [BF3.EXE]
                        dll.retry_injection_after_seconds=10
                        dll.force_loading=true
                        overlay.display.titlebar.opacity=80
                        overlay.initialization.ypos=200
                        overlay.initialization.xpos=25
                        overlay.display.window.opacity=10
                        statistics.doesnt_crash_in_version=3.2.0
                        AKA izal365

Comment

What does the TS3 overlay look like if it is running properly? The one I have for TS3 is a small window up in left hand corner of screen. Tells me who is in my channel and who is talking.

Comment

You can see it in Lekdevil's screenshots here Gunney: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ml#post1688490
                            AKA izal365

Comment

I have followed all the instructions here for overlay (BF3) and can't get it to work. I even walked someone else through it, and they had no problems. (that Pissed me off!) I have uninstalled, updated (API version 18) etc, still nothing. in my ts3 overlay folder i have: ts3overlay_hook_win34.dll, eventhough i dl'd the 64 bit version, could this possibly mean something? It's showing default as my profile eventhough i created a new user-config as described above, but each time i leave settings and come back it's back to default even when i hit apply. The red X next to it is lit, but the + is grayed out, does that mean anything. some help would be greatly appreciated, i've googled and searched and NOTHING! this was my last hope. oh, btw, it worked for one match tonight, for no apparent reason that i can discern. (that just pisses me off even more!) Thx in advance.
                              Dirt013

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X