Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else getting Crashes to the Desktop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else getting Crashes to the Desktop?

I had no problem with the alpha or beta in this regard. Now with the final release I'm getting CTD's. It happened at least 4 or 5 times last night. Checked the event viewer and it's saying faulting module bf3.exe.

I updated the ATI / AMD driver to the preview one and haven't had a chance to test very much yet but so far 2 rounds and no crash.

Anyone else getting this?
    Hurtz sigpic

Re: Anyone else getting Crashes to the Desktop?

Update drivers again on your video card to the new official ones released on Monday.

Comment

Just an FYI, the TG BF3 server crashed and reset quite a few times last night and would boot everybody off. If you were playing on the TG server during one of these resets, it would look like a crash to desktop.
      "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

K thanks ... I'll try the driver released on monday
        Hurtz sigpic

Comment

I get a crash which first beeps says "low virtual memory" the game goes to a windowed mode and then dies..some directx memory error. Strange!
          Newly returned to TG...cannon fodder.

Comment

Heh.. CTD is one 'feature' that has been around since bf 1942 :)
            When you can't run, you walk. When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't do that, you get someone to carry you.

Comment

Keep in mind that since battlelog "handles" the backend, the only thing happening inside the actual program is the game running. When the server crashes or you lose connection, battlelog dumps the battlefield client process out the window. Thus, if for any reason you cannot maintain the game connection, it will close. To see if you crashed or if battlelog helpfully terminated the game, look at the battlelog window, lower left corner. It should have an error message of some sort if it is responsible for ending the game.

Comment

I'm actually getting crashes at the end of almost every round. The screen goes solid black with a white mouse arrow and stays like that till I alt tab and crash the game in task manager.

It is also taking an extremely long time to load each map when I try to get back in. Most people have been playing for a while by the time I load. I remember this happening to ATI card users in BC2, but never happened to me.

About to jump in tonight and test some more.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

This helped me with my crashes. Remove Asus OSD and Smart Doctor.
                  http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4347701327104/
                  sigpic

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
                  "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

I am getting CTD's too, about two every hour, often the game minimizes and locks up, other times it just straight up quits out. The thing that annoy me is that no stats are saved from those rounds which is a pain after being promoted twice and unlocking a bunch of useful stuff.

I am running a nvidia card with the latest drivers. Maybe I should try and reinstall the drivers for it
                    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

I am also getting frequent CTD;

- Everytime I ALT-TAB
                      - Randomly, the BF3 window minimizes itself and I get the same comportment I get when I alt-tab; a black window with windows cursor, then it becomes white, then sometime it says that Battlefield stopped working (Windows error) and other times it says Disconnected to server (even if the server is still running.).

I'm guessing the connection to the server timeout during the long time it takes to alt-tab; it looks like a graphic card issue.

I have a ATI Radeon 5850 1Gb, with the latest driver from ATI, when updating from the ATI auto detect installer. However, looking on TG forums, I found this thread to contain a link to AMD website with a newer driver, from this week, with an application profile for CCC and BF3: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ivers-bf3.html. I did the whole procedure, uninstall drivers, reboot, run driversweeper, reboot, reinstall driver, application profile, reboot.

I updated remotely this morning, but I'm still at work, I will test tonight and let you know if reinstalling everything with this drivers helped my case.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                        I'm actually getting crashes at the end of almost every round. The screen goes solid black with a white mouse arrow and stays like that till I alt tab and crash the game in task manager.

It is also taking an extremely long time to load each map when I try to get back in. Most people have been playing for a while by the time I load. I remember this happening to ATI card users in BC2, but never happened to me.

About to jump in tonight and test some more.
                        Ditto. I get a black screen after the medals are given and won't load the next map. Doesn't happen every round however. Alt F4/F5 doesn't work. I have too Alt-Tab-Del to reboot. I have the latest Nvidia drivers.
                        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                        "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                        - Check me out on The Onion
                        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by crazydread18 View Post
                          I am also getting frequent CTD;

- Everytime I ALT-TAB
                          - Randomly, the BF3 window minimizes itself and I get the same comportment I get when I alt-tab; a black window with windows cursor, then it becomes white, then sometime it says that Battlefield stopped working (Windows error) and other times it says Disconnected to server (even if the server is still running.).

I'm guessing the connection to the server timeout during the long time it takes to alt-tab; it looks like a graphic card issue.

I have a ATI Radeon 5850 1Gb, with the latest driver from ATI, when updating from the ATI auto detect installer. However, looking on TG forums, I found this thread to contain a link to AMD website with a newer driver, from this week, with an application profile for CCC and BF3: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ivers-bf3.html. I did the whole procedure, uninstall drivers, reboot, run driversweeper, reboot, reinstall driver, application profile, reboot.

I updated remotely this morning, but I'm still at work, I will test tonight and let you know if reinstalling everything with this drivers helped my case.
                          Same for me (alt -tab) crash I thought it was TS new app were using. Turn off TS and the game runs fine. Waiting for the weekend to play with it some more
                          BlackSheepTx

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
                            Ditto. I get a black screen after the medals are given and won't load the next map. Doesn't happen every round however. Alt F4/F5 doesn't work. I have too Alt-Tab-Del to reboot. I have the latest Nvidia drivers.
                            Thanks for posting that. I was wondering after crazydread's post if maybe it was an ATI thing, and I'm already running the new drivers from this week.
                            But you have Nvidia and having the same thing.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

This worked for me like a charm now!

I played for 2 hours straight yesterday without any crash to desktop. I can also now alt-tab and windows appear in the blink of an eye! Maps loading time has decreased significantly for me as well (it was taking up to 5 minutes to load caspian borders, now it takes about 30 seconds).

ATI users having CTD/alt-tab issues/stuttering/extremely long load times, look at my post above and give it a try.

Thanks for posting that. I was wondering after crazydread's post if maybe it was an ATI thing, and I'm already running the new drivers from this week.
                              But you have Nvidia and having the same thing.
                              ATI was also telling me I was at the latest version before I grabbed the driver from the post I linked, give it a try. Make sure to cleanly remove everything before. The whole process should take you no more than 15 minutes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X