Punkbuster Issue - Kicked from server by admin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punkbuster Issue - Kicked from server by admin

Before I walk through my problem, I everyone to take this into account. DO NOT attempt to update Punkbuster for Battlefield 3 via pbsetup.exe.

Prior to this issue, my game has been working completely fine. Then earlier today I got the idea that I should make sure I have PB updated. So I downloaded the latest version of pbsetup.exe and had it update the files for BF3.

Ever since I've been getting this message when I try to connect to a server: "You were kicked from the server by an administrator." I know that this is not the case, and that it is actually Punkbuster throwing a fit at me for whatever reason. I'm working on fixing it. So far I've deleted pb from my Origin Games\Battlefield 3 folder, and run a repair installation through Origin (in administrator mode), I've tried manually updating the pb files, and I've tried running bf3.exe as administrator. No fix yet.

This is frustrating me, and it's even infuriating considering that the problem was caused by me trying to be responsible and keep my Punkbuster updated.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Re: Punkbuster Issue - Kicked from server by admin

I would probably try un-installing the entire game and then re-install again, assuming you haven't tried that.

:(
    |TG-88th| DaddyOfThree

Comment

Haven't tried a clean install yet. Still have a couple fixes up my sleeve.

A friend of mine found this list of potential fixes. I've done the first three, and I'm working on number 4 at the moment. Will test after class.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Same...

Took me 1,5 hours to fix all the bugs this game came with before I could play it today (This is one of them) Updated PB got in on a server.. Had to do some laundry and when I came back I couldn't get in again....
        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Okay, I think I got mine fixed. Try doing following these instructions, you may have to try it more than once. It took me two tries.

Originally posted by theDERF
          Possible Fix 4

Ok, after many hours of looking into this and testing many different options. I have finally gotten my battlefield to stop kicking me from servers. I am aware this is a Punkbuster issue and this thread is meant to fix punkbusters faults. For this fix you will need:

1. A friend with a working Battlefield 3. This means someone who has not gotten any problems at all with getting kicked from servers due to Punkbuster.

2. You can also download http://www.mediafire.com/?j55tat54bhzdkj7 [mediafire.com] That is the working Punkbuster folder I got from a friend.

You want to find your APPData folder for Punkbuster… This is commonly found at

C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local

DELETE the Punkbuster folder entirely.

What you want to do next is delete the “pb” folder out of your Battlefield 3 folder in “C:\XXXXXXX\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\

Once you get that done, you want to go back into your Battlefield 3 folder and find “pbsvcs.exe”. Normally located at

\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\__Installer\punkbuster\redist

Run this AS ADMINISTRATOR… I cant make that any more clear.

Go through the process of UNINSTALLING punkbuster… then repeat the program, this time INSTALLING it.

Remember the new “pb” folder you downloaded or got from a friend?
          Replace the folder you deleted with the new one that you just downloaded into your \Origin Games\Battlefield 3\ folder.

For the last step, you want to go back to the Punkbuster folder located in your AppData folder this time, going in the folder and into the BF3 folder (C:\Users\ XXXxxxx \AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BF3 )

You will see a PB folder in there. simply copy the new PB folder you downloaded into here. It will ask you if you want to overwrite these files… you want to click YES to everything. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OVERWRITTEN.

Finally, run BF3 and give a shot at going into a Punkbuster enabled server. If it works, fantastic, My job is done.

I cannot guarantee this will work with 100% of you out there, and for that, not much I can say, except sorry for wasting your time. I have tried this step many times, deleting everything and risking it again only to have it work for me every single time.

Best of Luck to everyone with this issue, Hopefully we can get an official fix real soon.

Comment

That seems like something a normal user would do to solve the problem

I also manually updated PB and got to that point
            I also that I was being smart by "updating" PB manually. Nope!

I uninstalled BF3 and reinstalled. I will give an update as soon as I get home from lab. Worse comes to worse, I give the solution above a try.

Comment

Dice did a server update this morning that addressed this issue. Might be better today as long as you make sure your client side pb is up to date.
              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
                Dice did a server update this morning that addressed this issue. Might be better today as long as you make sure your client side pb is up to date.
                Nope. I kept getting this issue. I removed BF3 and Origin. Reinstalling everything tonight. Still does not work Amazon is giving refunds for the game. I'll pick it up again when it works out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
                  Before I walk through my problem, I everyone to take this into account. DO NOT attempt to update Punkbuster for Battlefield 3 via pbsetup.exe.

Prior to this issue, my game has been working completely fine. Then earlier today I got the idea that I should make sure I have PB updated. So I downloaded the latest version of pbsetup.exe and had it update the files for BF3.

Ever since I've been getting this message when I try to connect to a server: "You were kicked from the server by an administrator." I know that this is not the case, and that it is actually Punkbuster throwing a fit at me for whatever reason. I'm working on fixing it. So far I've deleted pb from my Origin Games\Battlefield 3 folder, and run a repair installation through Origin (in administrator mode), I've tried manually updating the pb files, and I've tried running bf3.exe as administrator. No fix yet.

This is frustrating me, and it's even infuriating considering that the problem was caused by me trying to be responsible and keep my Punkbuster updated.
                  I've been having the same exact problem. Thought updating PB manually would be great..........I can't even play. I hope they fix this soon, or otherwise this will be the 2nd time this year I've wasted money on an FPS I can't even stay in a match in * cough Red Orchestra 2 cough*. :(
                  "A real man drinks strawberry flavored energy drinks out of a pink can..............with a straw."

Comment

So don't auto update.....check

Does manual update work??

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

The best advice I can give right now is that if you are having this problem try everything in this list of fixes. If all else fails, uninstall and reinstall.

And whatever you do, DO NOT update Punkbuster until you are forced to. I swear I will never touch pbsetup.exe as far as BF3 is concerned again until I am forced into doing so.

Comment

I've read that the problem is that you are and the server you are at are running different versions on PB.. Don't know if it's true but I can play on some servers but not on others so...

The only fix I've come up with so far that works 100% of the time is playing on servers without PB.. IT SUCKS!
                        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Co-op anyone?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
                          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X