Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teamspeak Issue during gameplay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Teamspeak Issue during gameplay

    My issue is unrelated to Teamsync.

    I'm currently having issues getting the toggle to work while I play. It works fine with any teamspeak hotkey aslong as I'm not playing BF3 while toggle it, as in running around and healing fools, if I just have the game in the background loading or I alt-tab to any window but BF3 it will work. Just not when BF3 is primary.

    I've tried switching windowed and fullscreen in Battlefield 3 and looked at the options menu; looked through TS3 options. Frankly I'm stumped but don't be too suprised because this is the first time I've ever used TS in over 5 years.

    TDLR - I can't talk on TS when I play the game but can when I don't.

  • #2
    Re: Teamspeak Issue during gameplay

    Have you checked to see if your push to talk button is the same as any of the BF3 action keys? Sounds obvious but you never know. If that's not it maybe one of our more technical people can come up with something.


    "I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

    "Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

    Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Teamspeak Issue during gameplay

      Originally posted by Lassiter View Post
      My issue is unrelated to Teamsync.

      I'm currently having issues getting the toggle to work while I play. It works fine with any teamspeak hotkey aslong as I'm not playing BF3 while toggle it, as in running around and healing fools, if I just have the game in the background loading or I alt-tab to any window but BF3 it will work. Just not when BF3 is primary.

      I've tried switching windowed and fullscreen in Battlefield 3 and looked at the options menu; looked through TS3 options. Frankly I'm stumped but don't be too suprised because this is the first time I've ever used TS in over 5 years.

      TDLR - I can't talk on TS when I play the game but can when I don't.
      Sounds weird and unrelated but who knows....When I first installed it my LMB wouldn't fire my weapon. Even though my keys were mapped correctly it wouldn't fire. Worked okay in other applications....Someone told me to unplug my usb joystick then try it. voila...that was the ticket...I can't fly now but I didn't fly much to begin with so little loss...

      Do YOU have a usb joystick enabled?
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Teamspeak Issue during gameplay

        Originally posted by Scattershot View Post
        Have you checked to see if your push to talk button is the same as any of the BF3 action keys? Sounds obvious but you never know. If that's not it maybe one of our more technical people can come up with something.
        No, I unbound specific buttons to prevent conflicting keystrokes.

        Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
        Sounds weird and unrelated but who knows....When I first installed it my LMB wouldn't fire my weapon. Even though my keys were mapped correctly it wouldn't fire. Worked okay in other applications....Someone told me to unplug my usb joystick then try it. voila...that was the ticket...I can't fly now but I didn't fly much to begin with so little loss...

        Do YOU have a usb joystick enabled?
        I wish it was that simple! Sadly, I don't. I have a old non-usb HP keyboard from who knows when and a Razor Copperhead from like 2006.

        I noticed weird stuff in this game too with input devices too. For example I find often I can't shoot or move and sometimes my sound will stop. Game is polished but still has some blemishes!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Teamspeak Issue during gameplay

          Basic sanity check: did you update your sound drivers? Also, are you using a USB microphone/headset or a 3.5mm jack? And what OS are you running? Aruncado (my husband) has had some issues with sound, as well, and now that a couple other people have mentioned it I'm curious as to why that might be. He's running x64 Win7, like me (yet I've had no issues with sound so far, just my second monitor refusing to display sometimes).

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Teamspeak Issue during gameplay

            Originally posted by Arithea View Post
            Basic sanity check: did you update your sound drivers? Also, are you using a USB microphone/headset or a 3.5mm jack? And what OS are you running? Aruncado (my husband) has had some issues with sound, as well, and now that a couple other people have mentioned it I'm curious as to why that might be. He's running x64 Win7, like me (yet I've had no issues with sound so far, just my second monitor refusing to display sometimes).
            No, I haven't updated my sound drivers because I don't have a sound card just the onboard one with my motherboard but that has it's latest drivers so I'd assume it's updated as well. I could be wrong though. I'm using 3.5mm jacks. Windows 7 Home Premium x32 is my new OS as of approx 3 days ago from XP.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Teamspeak Issue during gameplay

              Have you tried using a USB headset instead of a 3.5mm? If it's an issue with your onboard sound, bypassing it could fix the problem. I used to have issues with VoIP and TeamSpeak back in the Battlefield 2142 days that boiled down to onboard sound issues (Realtek), and switching to a USB headset resolved them for me. You can try updating the sound drivers individually. If your board is old enough--and since BF3 is so new--it might be that there's a problem with the codecs that doesn't manifest itself with other applications.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Teamspeak Issue during gameplay

                Originally posted by Arithea View Post
                Have you tried using a USB headset instead of a 3.5mm? If it's an issue with your onboard sound, bypassing it could fix the problem. I used to have issues with VoIP and TeamSpeak back in the Battlefield 2142 days that boiled down to onboard sound issues (Realtek), and switching to a USB headset resolved them for me. You can try updating the sound drivers individually. If your board is old enough--and since BF3 is so new--it might be that there's a problem with the codecs that doesn't manifest itself with other applications.
                You might also consider a bluetooth headset-- you may even have one laying around. Feel free to get in touch with me about setting that up. In fact, I might even make a thread about it since it's such a good system for me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Teamspeak Issue during gameplay

                  Well I've continued to use my 3.5mm headset and it some how it has begun to work. Not sure what changed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Teamspeak Issue during gameplay

                    Originally posted by Arithea View Post
                    Aruncado (my husband) has had some issues with sound, as well, and now that a couple other people have mentioned it I'm curious as to why that might be. He's running x64 Win7, like me (yet I've had no issues with sound so far, just my second monitor refusing to display sometimes).
                    Is his sound issue like mine? Suddenly the game's sound will cut out and get choppy, and then the game's FPS goes down to the 5-6 range while it happens. This goes on for about 2-3 seconds, and then it unscrews itself and runs fine again. Like, the game will stall when all the sound engine craps out, and then returns to normal. Noone's usually talking on TS at the time so I can't tell if it's my soundcard or TS.

                    I'm using my PCI Soundblaster X-FI ExtremeGamer (yes, still) on win7 pro x64.

                    <04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Teamspeak Issue during gameplay

                      I don't think his goes in and out, and his game runs fine otherwise; the sound for the game just craps out. I'll see if I can't get him to post about it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Teamspeak Issue during gameplay

                        Originally posted by Arithea View Post
                        I don't think his goes in and out, and his game runs fine otherwise; the sound for the game just craps out. I'll see if I can't get him to post about it.
                        Mine has done that on a few occasions. But my CPU is at its limit, so I assume its hardware related.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Teamspeak Issue during gameplay

                          Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                          Sounds weird and unrelated but who knows....When I first installed it my LMB wouldn't fire my weapon. Even though my keys were mapped correctly it wouldn't fire. Worked okay in other applications....Someone told me to unplug my usb joystick then try it. voila...that was the ticket...I can't fly now but I didn't fly much to begin with so little loss...

                          Do YOU have a usb joystick enabled?
                          lol, I had problems running after I plugged in my USB joystick! It was like walking around with my shoelaces tied! (Now where did I hear that from?)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Teamspeak Issue during gameplay

                            Issue is back, it seems to be random as nothing I can tell has changed.


                            Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
                            Is his sound issue like mine? Suddenly the game's sound will cut out and get choppy, and then the game's FPS goes down to the 5-6 range while it happens. This goes on for about 2-3 seconds, and then it unscrews itself and runs fine again. Like, the game will stall when all the sound engine craps out, and then returns to normal. Noone's usually talking on TS at the time so I can't tell if it's my soundcard or TS.

                            I'm using my PCI Soundblaster X-FI ExtremeGamer (yes, still) on win7 pro x64.
                            Negative, My sound issue is user interface sorry. When I'm playing and press my TS toggle key it won't open a channel to talk. It won't register the keystroke while the game runs.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Teamspeak Issue during gameplay

                              14 posts in and....

                              Right click, run TS3 as administrator.

                              W7 is wonky, sometimes. About a month ago I had no problems with TS3 whatsoever. Then one day, I had the issue you describe with some games. Ran as admin - bam. Problem solved.
                              Skud


                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X