Separate mouse sensitivity settings for Infantry and Heli

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separate mouse sensitivity settings for Infantry and Heli

If anyone knows how to set separate mouse sensitivity settings for Infantry and Heli that would be great. I'm going to get a new mouse that gives me multiple DPI settings, but in the meantime I'm prepared to get my hands dirty with a config file if anyone can give me some guidance. Any whiz's care to help?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Separate mouse sensitivity settings for Infantry and Heli

I don't think it matters.
    I've increased my dpi to max and it still turns slowly.
    if you want to turn quickly, then you need to use the throttle and roll in the direction you are trying to turn.

Comment

Mouse sensitivity doesn't have an affect on vehicle controls, there has been lots of requests to add it but so far DICE hasn't said anything about adding it.

Comment

Mouse sensitivity does affect my turn speed for helicopters. Test it with lowest then highest, big difference. This may be because I have remapped my keys so that yaw is on my mouse's x-axis and roll is mapped to A and D. I find this much more intuitive. But, the problem is that I don't like having to readjust my sensitivity everytime I get in and out of a heli. I'm guessing if you're playing with the regular key mapping, in theory you could increase turn speed by increasing the repeat speed of keyboard?

With my current mapping of yaw to x-axis, increasing DPI will definitely increase turn speed. If anyone is interested in remapping their yaw (it makes it much like infantry i.e. mouse to look and turn, A and D to roll/strafe), it's very simple:

1. I cleared all key mappings for joystick (may not be necessary)
        2. Remove current mapping for keys A, D, x-axis by holding escape.
        3. Map roll left and roll right to keys A and D respectively.
        4. Map Yaw to mouse x-axis (click to map, then move mouse left/right) It might say this key already assigned, continue anyway.

Only problem I have is that I can't freelook left and right in the cockpit. If anyone knows how to fix this, muchas gracias.

I'm going to get a mouse this weekend. but I'll spend some time in the config file and see what happens.

Comment

I did the same and I don't notice a difference when going from 800dpi to 2500dpi.
          I do notice a difference if I hold W (throttle up) and roll right (D) or left (A) while aiming left/right/up/down with the mouse.

Comment

I lied. I got my new mouse and I've tried adjusting the DPI settings, and nothing happens. Only workaround I can think of now is to use the mouse software and try set 2 profiles with high and low sensitivity for BF3. Don't know if it'll work though. Woe is me.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X