BF3 and Laptops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 and Laptops

My son is wanting to get BF3 and play against the ole man! But he is wanting to play using a laptop. Anyone out there using a laptop as a platform for gaming and if so what are problems he should watch out for.

Re: BF3 and Laptops

I do, and the main thing you want to do with a gaming laptop is have a good cooling pad (which I sadly don't yet) or have really good ventilation, as they can overheat fast. Also they can be much more difficult to upgrade as some have very little other CPUs or GPUs which are compatable without overheating the laptop too much.

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I game on my laptop when I'm away from my desktop. I suppose the main problem gaming on a laptop is whether the hardware can run the game, since laptop hardware is generally constrained by power usage and heat.

Comment

I usually run bf3 on a laptop, the main issues as they pointed out are a) Performance, and b) Cooling,

If I play on my laptop I have to set it to 720p and low except for shadows and post process antialias and get 30+ fps, I have a cooling pad and a software to always run my internal fan at 100%, so my temps never go over 75C for cpu and gpu, but even so your lap gets quite toasty.

Hope it helps

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X