No announcement yet.

Are periods of extreamly high pings normal?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are periods of extreamly high pings normal?

I think this is an ISP issue but wanted to check here first.

Is it normal to get periods where the ping column in the server browser (including history and favorites) are just "-"? I thought at first it was related to somebody else in the house watching a netflix video or something else. It might be that but I just did a test where in the router I kicked off every connection except the computer I play on. Even then I was getting the "-" symbole in the ping column. Even on servers that I had play earlier with around 50 ms. This will last for a couple of hours, typically in the early evening, then around 9-10pm everything will go back to normal.

It is probably my silly 3mbs DSL connection but wanted to make sure before I switched to cox cable (and I detest cox even more that AT&T but that is my only other choice)
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Are periods of extreamly high pings normal?

The battlelog service is not a reliable indication of ping.

When it shows up, it seems to be good. When it shows up ;)

Re: Are periods of extreamly high pings normal?

In the most recent server patches R9 and R10 I've noticed a recent increase of lag spikes at times. It won't happen all the time but on occasion suddenly there will be a rubber banding effect a few times over a 5 minute period and then it will disappear again for a few rounds. No idea what is causing it or if it's local, ISP or server originated but it happens. Very annoying when you are flying when it happens!
      "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
      "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed