Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak and BF3 Conflict?

Hello guys,

I seem to have a problem running teamspeak and BF3 together. When I start TS before BF3, joining a server doesn't work - I click the 'join' button and the plugin shows 'connecting' for a few seconds, but then simply returns without any error message. When I start BF3 first and start TS after joining a game, it freezes BF3 immediately.
    Without TS BF3 seems to work just fine. And a few days ago I was successfully using both together for the first time, really enjoying the comm with my squad. I'd really like to have TS back, gameplay is so much better with it.
    Any ideas? I'd appreciate your help!

Stephan

Re: Teamspeak and BF3 Conflict?

Well in my experience opening up bf3 or ts in any order doesn't have any problems EXCEPT that I cannon t transmit in TS while in BF3. I have to right click and run TS as administrator. Then TS works flawlessly with BF3.
    Maybe try uninstalling TS and re-installing it? Or a much more time consuming route:
    Uninstall both TS and BF3, and origin.
    Re-install Origin BF3 then TS.

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

To better answer your problem, can you tell us what the specs on your setup are? what your connection is? Do you have any other programs running at the time?
      sigpic

Comment

First of all, thanks a lot for looking at this, I appreciate it.
        My setup is Win7 Pro, 3 Core AMD Rana CPU, 4 GB Memory, Radeon 6790
        I've had 'the usual' trouble with BF3 before, especially the 'first start' hang, some rare crashes, but nothing really awful. I don't experience a large number of issues considering the cutting-edge nature of the game.
        After I installed TS a few days ago I noticed that the browser plugin would simply close after showing 'Joining Server' for 10-20 seconds. I didn't receive any error messages (maybe I don't know where to look for them).
        I was successful playing two days ago by starting TS after joining a server. I really liked that a lot.
        However, yesterday and today I haven't been able to join a game when TS is running, and got a in-game freeze IMMEDIATELY after trying to launch TS while in game.
        I'm not running any other software on that PC (it's just used for gaming) and haven't installed anything new since 2 days ago.

Comment

I'm assuming you're not using battlelog VOIP at the same time.

Ensure that the Teamspeak 3 overlay is turned off (Run the setup wizard)

If it's off, I would guess that you may have a problem with your sound card driver. Try updating it.

FWIW, Teamspeak or not, some days I have to try to start BF3 10-15 times before I actually get into the game.

Comment

Soundcard driver? Hmm, interesting idea. The motherboard is pretty new and so are the drivers, but I'll try if I can get newer ones. Thanks for the suggestion!
            I'm not yet planning to reinstall BF3 itself, I'd rather wait a few days for the patch for Karkand and see if that changes anything.

Comment

Unfortunately, even reinstalling the latest drivers and applying the patch hasn't fixed the problem. I 'm not yet ready to reinstall from scratch, but what else can I do? Such a strange problem...

Comment

I am having the same problem. If I have teamspeak running then try to join a multiplayer server in bf3, it will go through all the motions of connecting and such then simply stop and leave me sitting at the server list. The game never launches. If I go and turn off Teamspeak.. it launches fine.

has anyone come up with a solution yet?

Raakkos

Comment

Raakkos, you did not mention how much memory you have available. This game needs at least 3gig to run properly.

Comment

Admin privlages correct for TS and BF3? There not *accidently* sharing the same port in your firewall?

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

I was having the same issue, running TS causes BF3 to crash or not join a server. What fixed it for me was to be sure that you dont have the Teamspeak overlay turned on. The only way i found to turn it off was to go through the "setup" again and there is a check box for it to be on or off. Since i changed it to off i havent had any trouble joining servers.
                      and your very flesh shall be a great poem
                      w.whitman

Comment

I had the same trouble and tried the fix suggested by sgt.rob. IT WORKED! Thanks sgt.rob

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X