Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win7 Audio Fails

I must really want to play BF3...

I just installed Win7 on my Mac (Bootcamp.) One problem: My audio levels are VERY low. Like, not usable. The sound card is using the "High Definition Audio Device" driver. From what I can tell online, lots of folks have had some variety of this issue, but I was wondering if anyone here can help. I've disabled the Communications setting as commonly suggested, etc.

Thanks!

Re: Win7 Audio Fails

I have a colleague at my college who had the same problem, and he fixed it by plugging in a USB sound card into his laptop. Bootcamp too, like you.

Comment

I've had to install Win 7 three times on my hard drives and I usually had problems with sound. Look down on the bottom task and click on the "Speaker" icon. In the Popup window, you should see one Device and several Applications on a slider bar. They should all be turned up. My Origin Application is the last one. Yours may be turned down after the software was loaded. Of course, I'm using Creative sound card so it may look different to you.

Comment

Gunney! My old buddy! Good to hear from you!

So I fixed it by installed an alternate sound driver. In total, getting my rig ready to run BF3 took:

- About 12 hours of work
        - $400 or so for Windows 7 and a new video card

Played for a bit yesterday. Stunning how foreign it all felt. This is going to be a long road to recovery....

Comment

Yeah, you'll get used to the game pretty quickly. What are you playing on? I actually route my PC's video to my 27" iMac. But I'm familiar with gaming in Bootcamp, and it can be a hassle.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm on a Mac Pro, 2x dual core 3.0GHz Xeon, 6GB of RAM (I know... bad on me, I'm using 2x 1GB and 2x 2GB), and I just upgraded to an ATI 5770. I'm a little video card limited given the vintage of the Mac Pro, but I at least wanted to play BF3 a bit before I decide to invest in a full machine upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by fredgwynne View Post
              I'm on a Mac Pro, 2x dual core 3.0GHz Xeon, 6GB of RAM (I know... bad on me, I'm using 2x 1GB and 2x 2GB), and I just upgraded to an ATI 5770. I'm a little video card limited given the vintage of the Mac Pro, but I at least wanted to play BF3 a bit before I decide to invest in a full machine upgrade.
              I run 6 GB of RAM on my PC and it hasn't crashed once. I don't believe all the hype about it making your system unstable. Sounds like a pretty beefy system, other than the video card. It sounds like they're probably going to drop the Mac Pro line soon, btw. Do you happen to do video production work? Glad you were able to get it working.

Comment

I do a bit of video stuff, but nothing professional. I upgraded to this system in 2008 or so when I was in the middle of my hardest core 2142 days. People online and off have mentioned that the 5770 is really suboptimal for BF3 these days. I wish there was a better option for the 2007 gen Mac Pros, but there doesn't appear to be.

I wonder why they'd kill off the Pro line. Wouldn't that pretty much kill off their pro photo, video, music market stranglehold?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X