Please help me with my FPS problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me with my FPS problem.

Ok gents, here is the deal. I KNOW that I have a rig that is capable of running BF3 on high/ultra, but I only get 30-40 FPS on low. I even get the occasional lag spike when there are lots of smoke or buildings getting destroyed. All my drivers are up to date. What can it be? Is there something I am missing? Here are my specs.

CPU: Intel Core i7 [email protected] GHz
    RAM: 6 MB of DDR3
    Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 x 2 (I tried both SLI enabled and SLI disabled)

What can it be?
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Please help me with my FPS problem.

Upgrade to win7?

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
      Upgrade to win7?
      That isn't really an option right now since money is a little tight with Child Support and Jameson...
      "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Your cards probably can't handle BF3 at ultra settings. I run two 470's in SLI and still get plenty of frame drops at ultra. Just saying. Though I did recently overclock them, and seemed to gain some frames.

Also vista sucks. Win7 might give you enough of a boost to get 60+ frames solid at low.

Comment

In my opinion the bottleneck is more so the GPU(s) than the operating system. The GTS250 is below spec to begin with for this game (sorry) and SLI can only help so much.

My advice would be to upgrade to a new GPU at your earliest convenience. There's still 470s and 480s floating around at good prices, as well as the recent markdowns on the 500 series.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Dirt: kwalc was right. Vista, like XP, doesnt correctly support over 3GB of memory or certain video cards with over 256MB of video memory. If you want to make full use of your hardware, you need to upgrade to W7.

And yes, the 250 can handle BF3 on ultra. Matter of fact, ONE can. My brother uses a single 250 (hand me down from me) and pulls 40+ FPS in BF3 on ultra.

Comment

That's not true lol

Comment

Maybe, if he is running resolution at 800x600!

I've got GFX 560 and I get 79-90 FPS.

If he is having trouble with RAM being used effectively under Vista, as some say, then he may only being able to run 2GB of ram. That in itself would cause low frame rates.

Comment

Little bird told me that the thepiratebay is having a good sale on Windows 7. Don't know how much they've marked it down, but I'm sure you could afford it.

Comment

i got 7970/ and barely gets 60 all times, (ultra)/1920x1080 then decided to go for high.... for the map B2K FPS drops a lot.

specs:
                    i7-2600k 3.4
                    ati 7970
                    750w CMaster
                    16gb

help me!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement