Loading black screen of Death

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading black screen of Death

So, who uses the new SSD drives and do you get the so called "Black screen of Death" where next map is loading but never does? I used to get it alot on my other system drive.

I kinda suspect it has to do with disk queues going on during map changes. I've had the Resource Monitor loaded at times watching to see what happens after a game and noticed a lot of files being accessed at that time. One in paticular that I dispise is PnkBstrB. It using a lot of CPU time. It may throw timing off so your computer doesnt receive an important message from server indicating what map is next.

I reinstalled a fresh copy of Win7 and installed BF3 on second hard drive and it ran perfect for one week. Then I switched over to first hard drive and BF3 crashed once and then I got the Black screen of Death an hour later. Went back to good system drive next day and it crashed once for the first time. Dont know why.

Second day it ran perfectly.

Third day I installed and ran EVGA Precision unility so I can watch GPU on keyboard and take screenshots. Then I got the black screen of death again! I'm thinking its PnkBstrB seeing different setups and looking at my files and that's why I get the server disconnects.

Anyway. will not change my system for next several days to see if that cures it.

Re: Loading black screen of Death

gunney, did you try updating punkbuster manually? also, you don't happen to be running a 5770 ati gfx, do you?
    sigpicBF3

...That's a big twinkie

Comment

My graphics card is a GTX 560. Memory at 4gig. Quad core CPU 3.2ghz.

Game crashed one since last post and got the Black screen of death twice. Disabled TeamSpeak overlay and unpluged backup hard drive that contains pics and music. Will see what today brings.

Comment

Ah, I knew they were having some 5770 issues with the latest update but that obviously doesn't apply to you.

When your comp black screens can you ctrl+alt+del into task manager or is your system completely locked up?

TS overlay was giving me punkbuster issues when I had it; had to get rid of it (but it did work perfectly fine for a while). I had to manually update punkbuster with the last origin update and that fixed my issues. I'll keep on the lookout for any more probable solutions.
        sigpicBF3

...That's a big twinkie

Comment

Well, I was still getting the Black screen of death, usually I get that while TS is active and someone is talking for me, then the map fails to load. Also, crashed a couple of times. Decided to do some "Manage-Add-Ons" for Windows and turned off Bing maps and translate. Just quit playing and had no problems for 5 rounds.

Comment

OldGunney back from not having Internet for a week. Got a new DSL modem from AT&T and played last night with no crashes or the dreaded black screen of death. Only bad thing I've noticed is that my download stream is slower. Was getting 2.5 mbits down and now I'm getting 1.9 mbits. I'm on a 3.0 mbits plan but dont mind as long as I get to play without crashing due to internet drops.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X