nvidia singe gpu vid card for bf3?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nvidia singe gpu vid card for bf3?

Anyone play bf3 with EVERYTHING maxed on ultra, MSAA x4 with a single nvidia vid card at 60+ fps?

I am ready for an upgrade, but I don't want to get something that will disappoint and I am unsure if I need to spend the money for a 690 680 670 or ??? Any help would be appreciated. This will be replacing two 5770's in crossfire.

I am tired of micro-stutter with multi gpu setups.
    Last edited by sc1ence; 06-10-2012, 10:48 AM.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

What res will u play at?

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Re: nvidia singe gpu vid card for bf3?

Originally posted by Ven View Post
      What res will u play at?

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2
      1920 x 1080

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

For those settings on a single card with as near constant performance as you can get you will want to go with the gtx 680 or 670. It may still drop slightly below 60fps at times still. A gtx580 will almost certainly drop below 60 somewhat regularly and sports less onboard ram on the base model.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

In the same boat here, currently running a 5870 at 1920 by 1200 and it copes on high but drops to mid 30's when it gets crazy. Looking at the 680 but I have to admit the 690 is tempting despite the shocking price. By all accounts the 680 will hit 60 fps most of the time at 1920 by 1080/1200 most of the time, dropping to mid 50's on the higher res.

The 690 is so expensive but if I want to go to a 27" screen later. Hmm.

Comment

I'm running dual gtx 680s at 1920x1080
            Total overkill for that resolution. A single gtx 670 will be able to run 60 fps all day with adaptive vsync turned on and a slight overclock at that resolution.
            Wicks, i wouldn't get the 690,especially the price you'll pay in the UK for it. Either go sli 670s or wait until the GK110 gpus come out Q1 2013
            sigpic

Former Pathfinder
            Former ARMA Admin
            Former ARMA TGU instructor
            Former TGU Headmaster
            Current Noob
            Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Good advice thanks mate. You don't recommend a single 680 then?

Comment

Don't get me wrong, 680 is a great card,and if you have money to burn then get an EVGA FTW Edition. However, the 670 performs only 1-2 FPS less once overclocked compared to a stock 680 and cost significantly less. Take into account your future use as well, the 4gb VRAM version (670/680) may be overkill now but 2GB in a years time may bottleneck the newer games, especially if you run dual or triple monitors, and will give you a bit of future proofing. Sapphire is releasing a 7970 WITH 6 GB OF VRAM(total overkill).
                sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                Former ARMA Admin
                Former TGU Headmaster
                Current Noob

Comment

How about this Bol?

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInf...es%20Family&sw

Comment

Very helpful discussion so far. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                      Very very good card.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/evga-g...0-sc-review/19

1 FRAME DIFFERENCE IN BF3 @1920X1200
                      Last edited by bolagnaise; 06-10-2012, 07:40 PM.
                      sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                      Former ARMA Admin
                      Former TGU Headmaster
                      Current Noob

Comment

The reason I am looking for a single card solution is micro-stutter:
                        http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...fire,2995.html
                        running two 5770s in crossfire gives me 60 fps, but it feels like it dips and stutters. My wife has a similar machine, but it has a single 560ti. On the same settings the FPS is about the same, but the microstutter is gone. It plays smoother. I notice it most when anti-aliasing shimmers when I move. The edges of stuff that is aliased jumps around more with the crossfire setup.

Comment

I used to run dual video cards, but the hassle of troubleshooting it to get it to play games smoothly just wasn't worth it anymore. I think people are better off going with a powerful single card solution.

Comment

I used to run a gtx 570 and then upgraded to a 680. The 680 I got was from Galaxy.
                            It runs BF3 on ultra EXCEPT for msaa which I have turned off because fps sometimes drop below 60 on large maps when lots of stuff explodes.

The 670 was not around when I bought the 680 which cost almost $500.

My only disappointment with the 680 is that it's louder and hotter than my 570, but I think that has to do with the manufacturer rather than the chipset.

Comment

Bleeding I am looking at the 680 as despite the 670 oc doing well I know it will be in the back of my mind that I compromised. Could you give me a quick review/your thoughts on your card, any performance indicators for other games, general satisfaction with it. Benchmarks are good but I prefer a gamers opinion from using it day in day out, thanks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X