TS3 Issue - Bad Image Error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3 Issue - Bad Image Error

Essentially after the most recent TS3 update my computer has decided to not let it load, and is giving me this error every time I try to open it.

Note: I have been getting the same HID.DLL error except the title says "Windows Logon: LogonUI.exe - Bad Image" every time I CTRL-ALT-Delete and the box pops up about 4 times before I can get the task manager up. Also I have to click ok on the same error box when starting the computer.

I believe this may all stem from the fact that about two and a half years back my original Windows Log-In account had an issue when turning the system off where the account itself never actually logged off, causing me to have to create a new log in account and thus lose all of my personal data. Ever since then these errors have been occurring, but I frankly just ignored them until they started causing an issue with my Teamspeak 3 Client.

Any thoughts?

Note: Is there any general "tech help" forum where I should post this as well? I don't think it really fits in the hardware forum.

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Re: TS3 Issue - Bad Image Error

I did a search on "hid.dll file" and it says it is for the USB library. You using something that requires a USB device and TeamSpeak together? I checked my processes and I dont even have that file running on my Windows 7 op system.

Comment

I am not much of a computer guy but I do not believe that anything I have plugged into my USB's should be causing this issue, as it still comes up even when I have every USB port open.

Former TG-21st
      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Edit #2: After a few hours of googling the issue I found a fix that I easily could have applied 2 years ago to fix the issue in the first place, and I simply copyed a working version of the hid.dll from another trusted Windows 7 computer and for the moment, the issue seems to be fixed.

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
          After a few hours of googling the issue I found a fix that I easily could have applied 2 years ago to fix the issue in the first place
          I do the same thing when my Playboy comes in!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X