X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS Spike / Drop / Lag

Hello,

I have a problem with FPS.

I've done a tremendous amount of research into why this might be happening. Emphasis on tremendous.

I tried my best to record a video of the FPS problem and post it on youtube, but the video I recorded over-justifies the problem a bit because the software I've used to create the video lowers my average FPS significantly.

But anyways, I'll show it to you...just pay attention to the extreme FPS drops that occur, most noticeable when the performance overlay literally spikes off the top of the screen and my game freezes for literally seconds on end.

Here's the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPYCe...ature=youtu.be [youtube.com]

Here are my system specs
    http://i.imgur.com/8H4wE.jpg [i.imgur.com]

Here are my BF3 Video Settings
    http://i.imgur.com/w4L16.jpg [i.imgur.com]

The FPS drops occur on all multiplayer servers regardless of size, map, #players.
    The FPS drops occur more frequently when piloting flying vehicles.
    The FPS drops occur on a less frequent basis in single player.

I've noticed that when I directly connect my modem to my computer, bypassing the router, it helps slightly but the problem persists. I currently play several other games online without internet connectivity issues.

I will provide any further info necessary to troubleshoot this issue, please just ask.

I just want to play battlefield 3 without dying from FPS spikes. Definitely makes it hard to fly a chopper...

Re: FPS Spike / Drop / Lag

What speed is your memory running at? Also, are you running at low graphics settings and at what screen resolution.

Comment

I have this problem to after the latest patch. My 6970 starts at 80-90 fps and after an hour its in the dirt at 35-40 fps. I noticed if you alt+tab out it makes it worse much faster
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Ven, don't you have that little Windows button between the Alt and Ctrl keys? Does the same thing for me instead of Alt Tabbing out!

Comment

No Gunney, I use a zboard merc for gaming and it doesn't have that. It's almost like there is a memory leak thats going unchecked after the latest patch.
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

updating punkbuster help with my fps and lag

Comment

Originally posted by micbur54 View Post
              updating punkbuster help with my fps and lag
              I updated mine after seeing this, the gradual drop in FPS seems to have gone away!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X