Still getting Server Disconnect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still getting Server Disconnect

Hi guys, as most of you are aware, I've complained about the game dropping out due to Internet dropping the game server. This also drops the TeamSpeak server at the same time. Takes about 30 secs before I can get back into the game or talk on TS so I know it is on my end, maybe the modem. Many of you have told me that switching from DSL to cable would be the way to go and it was for the first two days. Then on the third day I dropped game server twice, but I noticed on my task bar that Java was waiting for an update to be installed. That got me thinking that maybe it was the auto updates that a lot of my programs need may be the problem. So now I've disabbled both Windows and Java from being updated automatically and we shall see if that fixes the problem.

On a side note, since the installation of the new cable modem, (10meg upload speed), now when I experience a game server crash, my two other iPads also lose their connection also. I have to either reboot the iPads or go into settings and turn off Wi-Fi and back on and they will re-connect. I've spoken to Time Warner tech about this problem and he is looking into issue. He says it may be due to my old LinkSys router.

Re: Still getting Server Disconnect

probably is. May be time to get one off of newegg.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

OldGunney, the problem is most likely the router. If there was a problem with your pc (bad NIC or software glitch), the ipads wouldn't lose connection with the router. Also, even if the modem loses connection, the ipads would continue to be connected to the router via wifi (you just wouldn't have web access). So...if the ipad's have to be rebooted or wifi toggled, they are losing connection with the router which has nothing to do with the modem.

I really suspect the router. A couple things you can try is to ping the router after the game crashes. I suspect you'll have no connection. Also, an easy way to rule out the router is to simply remove it and connect the modem directly to your pc. If you have no more game crashes, replace the router. Good luck.

Comment

As flenn pointed out, the router might be the problem here. See if you can update the router firmware.

On another note: disabling Java Updates is a very bad idea. Outdated Java versions (and sometimes even the newest) are open to all sorts of malware attacks just by surfing the web. I would recommend uninstalling Java if you don't need it. If you keep it make sure it's always up-to-date.
        former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Did get a Netgear N300 router and I no longer am having troubles. Thanks for the advice and will be back playing Sunday night after I get back off of vacation in South Carolina.

Comment

One good week of playing BF3 and no disconnects! Gunney a happy puppy!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X