Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield 4 .... beta tied again to MOH purchase.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 4 .... beta tied again to MOH purchase.

well well well.

Stating the obvious, this means: BF4 is coming some time.
    And the new MOH is brutally expensive.
    former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Re: Battlefield 4 .... beta tied again to MOH purchase.

Lol...I bought the previous MOH in a bargain bin a while back and it had beta access for BF3 but I never received a beta key, had to get onto support, eventually got one from a TG member here.

Comment

haha lol. yea right son.

Comment

Screw that. This is actually laughable. I am done with DICE and this shows that that was the right decision. Why would I play a game I spent £40 on only to be told I must go premium to continue as there are no B2K servers anymore. All for a game that is small, has no command features that TG needs and is a money racket. I can get all the features I need for free plus have 2000 players and 64km squared maps. Planetside 2 is my go too MMOFPS.

Comment

I can't wait to get the 'back to metro' DLC in two years!

Comment

Originally posted by PaintScratcher View Post
            I can't wait to get the 'back to metro' DLC in two years!
            Thats the one with 64 people spawned inside a single subway car, all armed with rocket launchers and fully automatic shotguns with explosive rounds, right?

Comment

From what I've seen of Warfighter, its not going to bring anything new to the market but better graphics and effects, which is really an expectation from games these days and not a feature. Couple that with EA and DICE selling out to the console market, my laundry list of "things-that-could-have-been-done-better", and that EA is apparently more concerned with directly competing with CoD on a yearly release schedule than with building and marketing long-standing good quality games worthy of a $50+ price tag, and you get a good summary of why I most likely will not be purchasing any new iterations of Battlefield in the future.

I left Call of Duty because I got pissed off at Activi$ion's marketing strategy and Treyarch selling themselves short with Black Ops, and now I see that EA and DICE really aren't any different after all.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Well I can tell what my cash-stripped-student self will not be saving up for in the future.

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

The Battlefield Twitter account says that there is nothing official on Battlefield 4.

If I were to hazard a guess... I'd say that someone got over excited and let a draft copy slip through. Or they were confused about the title of the next game in the BF series which I think is safe to assume will be released in 2013 (18-24 months after BF3). More likely it would come with BC3/BF2143 beta access if any.

Comment

Isn't this exactly how we first heard of BF3, and then EA/DICE denied it for a bit before the 'big' reveal? Pretty poor show that it happened twice (if this is genuine). Unless it's all some stupid marketing ploy for instant hype and speculation.

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                    I can get all the features I need for free plus have 2000 players and 64km squared maps. Planetside 2 is my go too MMOFPS.
                    Planetside 2 isn't even out yet, don't count your chickens, blah blah yadda yadda.

Sincerely, Buzz Killington Esq.
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

If PS2 is a flop, Jeepo is to blame for jinxing it.

Could you handle that Jeepo? Being responsible for the downfall of quite possibly the best game of 2012? Think of the dreams you would have crushed!

Comment

Extortion Arts doing their thing. May their downfall come soon.

Last edited by Gore; 07-14-2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

lol,

Anyways BF4 shoud be released when the next gen consoles are out, so that means they can have 64 players+ and all the features, so if we start talking to dice as a community instead of complaining and bitching about the game and arguing, we could probably get the game we want from them.

Also they have released a BF 1-2 years after each other since 2002, and most of them had several DLC/expansion packs, so the games "lifespan" being changed with yearly release is a unvalid point imo.

2002 Battlefield 1942

2003 Battlefield 1942: The Road to Rome

2003 Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII

2004 Battlefield Vietnam

2005 Battlefield 2

2005 Battlefield 2: Special Forces

2005 Battlefield 2: Modern Combat

2006 Battlefield 2: Euro Forces

2006 Battlefield 2: Armored Fury

2006 Battlefield 2142

2007 Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike

2008 Battlefield: Bad Company

2009 Battlefield Heroes

2009 Battlefield 1943

2010 Battlefield: Bad Company 2

2010 Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam

2010 Battlefield Online

2011 Battlefield Play4Free

2011 Battlefield 3

2011 Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand

2012 Battlefield 3: Close Quarters

2013? BF4/BC3??

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
                            So if we start talking to dice as a community instead of complaining and bitching about the game and arguing, we could probably get the game we want from them.
                            We did that leading up to BF3's launch, and look what we have right now.

If they do a 2143, -maybe- I'll buy it. And that's a slim maybe. Otherwise, I'm done.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I mean before they start making the game, not 3 months after they finished the core of the game "Alpha/Beta"

By the time the Alpha was out, the game was pretty much done as we see it now, there was little that we could have had changed by then, it was to get the small bugs out, not completely rebalance the entire game by changing the Squad sizes or such.

Some of the wanted changes to BF3 right now, would require a complete rebuild of the game to make them work, So we have to get a hold of Dice/EA and make them know what we want before they start making it, not while, not after, before.

Its like going up to your mother after shes made Raisin bread and saying you wanted Banana bread, best you are gonna get is Raisin bread with some banana slices thrown on top and a pissed off mother.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X