X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA has teased that it will show off Battlefield 4 within "about 90 days"

Its set to be launched in 2014, Modern setting

Nothing else to say yet.

Anything you want in the game this time around you better tell them now instead of 6 months after release, They can't add the features if they don't know you want them.

"Keep in mind this will be the longest between release's since 1942 and BF2"

Re: EA has teased that it will show off Battlefield 4 within "about 90 days"

Source, please.
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

A return to BF2-style mechanics would be much appreciated. :P

Comment

Optimize the dang graphics; I could run BFBC2 with everything on max and get 50+ FPS, yet in BF3 with everything turned all the way down and with my resolution lowered, it still only had ~20 FPS. BF3 ended up looking way worse on low settings then BC2 on high yet it still ran like crap.

In other words, add an extra-low setting or the option to lower more dynamic shaders if the optimization isn't great.

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I'd ask for a return to BF2/2142 squad mechanics and VOIP, but that ship has sailed... sadly.

Comment

http://asia.gamespot.com/news/battle...months-6403195

There is another better source but I forgot where I had found it.

Im all for bringing back the tactical squad and commander mechanics from BF2, The combat and vehicle mechanics? They can stay with BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
              Optimize the dang graphics; I could run BFBC2 with everything on max and get 50+ FPS, yet in BF3 with everything turned all the way down and with my resolution lowered, it still only had ~20 FPS. BF3 ended up looking way worse on low settings then BC2 on high yet it still ran like crap.

In other words, add an extra-low setting or the option to lower more dynamic shaders if the optimization isn't great.
              The issue you are describing is the resource floor implemented in the game. Without knowing your setup I'd say the most likely culprit is the large amount of calculations put on the CPU that are not as heavily reduced by the game settings as the load placed on the graphics unit. This is usual but in the specific case of BF3 the floor for CPU resources is higher in comparison to the floor for the GPU resources. Most games call for more GPU>CPU, where as BF3 is more GPU<=CPU(of this is assigning abstruse values to the components, but it should hopefully be understandable). I imagine changing the demands on these resources would require a lot of work to the core components of the game engine. Possible I suppose if they incorporate something like "Physx" to handle some of the calculations the CPU does currently, but considering that the game already eats up all the GPU it can get at higher settings I'm not sure that is an avenue they would pursue.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Re: EA has teased that it will show off Battlefield 4 within &quot;about 90 days&quot;

VoIP for pc plz...

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Re: EA has teased that it will show off Battlefield 4 within &quot;about 90 days&quot;

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
                  http://asia.gamespot.com/news/battle...months-6403195

There is another better source but I forgot where I had found it.

Im all for bringing back the tactical squad and commander mechanics from BF2, The combat and vehicle mechanics? They can stay with BF2.
                  Actually I would like to see vehicles hard to master like they were in BF2......It took a level of skill to be a good chopper pilot. Now any 6 year old is capable of being good.

Oh and add a beeper warning system for armor so they know when anyone is within 100 yds of them and have it show their location through walls....wouldn't want the armor to be under powered.
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                    Actually I would like to see vehicles hard to master like they were in BF2......It took a level of skill to be a good chopper pilot. Now any 6 year old is capable of being good.

Oh and add a beeper warning system for armor so they know when anyone is within 100 yds of them and have it show their location through walls....wouldn't want the armor to be under powered.
                    I'm with you there Ven. A tank should not take 5 or 6 RPG shots to take it out. And the proximity scan should not be available unless that time period has the capability. Only what the machine gunner and the tank driver sees should make the enemy show up on the mini map!

Comment

The vehicles in BF3 are overpowered, But its not because they are easy, or require less skill.

They are overpowered because unlike in BF2 they are not garbage, which is what is "wrong" with them, they are too good. but instead of nerfing them into cardboard boxes with a lawnmower engine and a paintball gun, how about Dice add some real complexity to them, Some things that take real skill to overcome and master instead of just making them weak.

Add more depth to the disable mechanics, Give tank turrets a turning speed limit, Ammo, fuel, and so on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_M1_Abrams

They are very hard to take out completely, and they can take multiple rounds from heavy ordinance to even damage them enough to take out the crew,

"During an early attack on Baghdad, one M1A1 was disabled by a recoilless rifle round that had penetrated the rear engine housing, and punctured a hole in the right rear fuel cell, causing fuel to leak onto the hot turbine engine. After repeated attempts to extinguish the fire, the decision was made to destroy or remove any sensitive equipment. Oil and .50 caliber rounds were scattered in the interior, the ammunition doors were opened and several thermite grenades ignited inside. Another M1 then fired a HEAT round in order to ensure the destruction of the disabled tank. The tank was completely disabled but still intact. Later, an AGM-65 Maverick and two AGM-114 Hellfire missiles were fired into the tank to finish its destruction. Remarkably, the tank still appeared to be intact from the exterior."

"Although the RPG-7 is unable to penetrate the front and sides, the rear and top are vulnerable to this weapon"

No it doesn't have to be completely realistic, but to make it that weak is silly.

Don't just nerf it, make them have real downsides and real skill to use.
                      Last edited by Brainhurts; 02-07-2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

To a certain extent, balance must take place over realism in a non-simulation FPS. I personally think that making the armor on the tanks weaker (like in previous BF titles) is a better balancing alternative than, for example, requiring a full crew of four players to run the tank. Either that or slow down repair speeds by a lot.

Former TG-21st
                        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I felt in previous titles ground armor was next to useless in most cases.

Unless you had someone with a few hundred hours and a dedicated support crew who liked sitting back from any fighting because of how weak it was.

It had its place, but a pure infantry squad was better in everyway.

It is OP in BF3, but I don't think making it weaker is anywhere close to the answer.
                          Last edited by Brainhurts; 02-07-2013, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
                            I felt in previous titles ground armor was next to useless in most cases.

Unless you had someone with a few hundred hours and a dedicated support crew who liked sitting back from any fighting because of how weak it was.

It had its place, but a pure infantry squad was better in everyway.

It is OP in BF3, but I don't think making it weaker is anywhere close to the answer.
                            Hey now, BF 2142 had excellent vehicles, but the roller mines and EMP grenades were two successful counters to it in addition to the Pilum AT rifle. I still think they should focus their efforts of BF 2143, if that is still a confirmed project.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Originally posted by Mech__Warrior View Post
                              Hey now, BF 2142 had excellent vehicles, but the roller mines and EMP grenades were two successful counters to it in addition to the Pilum AT rifle. I still think they should focus their efforts of BF 2143, if that is still a confirmed project.
                              Best Battlefield game in "best Battlefield game" shocker. More at ten. :)
                              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X