This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you like to see in BF4?

So what would you all like to see in BF4? Me personally, I would like to see it turn more like what BF2 was.

1. Carbines for Medic class. No more OP assault rifles
    2. A true Assault Class. With the OP assault rifles
    3. Less "perks" for armor
    4. Commander mode. Similiar to 2142
    5. MOD SUPPORT!!!
    6. BF recorder
    7. 6 man squads
    8. More cowbell
    9. Smoke grenades...and not the M320 version. Handheld smokes.
    10. More than two factions
    11. Get rid of stupid origin!
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: What would you like to see in BF4?

Yeah origin will never be taken out as the delivery system.
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

More focus on teamwork, less on competitive run and gun twitchy twitchers.

More perks for really everything, but include downsides, Flax jackets give you slightly more health or survivability but you can't prone or run, Reactive armor creates large blind spots on the tank and a slower turret speed, etc.

Tweak suppression a bit, Make it so it effects the player model and not the weapon, "INB4 Blah blah punishes people with good aim because of stupid reason#45483"

A better damage model for tanks, You can take out a tanks treads or its sights "make the driver/gunner have to pop out to see" both things that could take skill to disable.

Make everything have a counter that requires skill not button mashing, Smoke only works if the vehicle is stationary and doesn't deflect launched rockets only breaks the lock, and so on for other things.

More support craft, missile launchers artillery etc.

Keep a mix of maps like BF3, small and large.

Keep the sun glare and such as long as it provides a tactical advantage/disadvantage the right way, A normally easy to defend position is harder to defend because its pointed towards the sun"

More side passage ways.

Increase the destruction but it needs to leave plenty of debris for cover and places to hide afterwards, BC2 was fun for about 15 minutes until you had only very predictable and open cover.

More types of weapons.

Make the commander only be able to command troops and mark firing areas and orders, make everything else completely controlled by the players.

more explosions!

Dynamic objects like elevators, because it would be fun to have the doors slide open and you hold the trigger down until everyone is dead.

More city combat, I want to fight in the middle of times square and be crushed by a mcdonalds sign.

Proper night maps where people can't mess with the brightness,

More server settings for ranked servers so people don't have to use BS hacks in the name of customization.

Larger destroyable objects that can change the layout of a map,

A map like metro but with an above ground area and more sets of tunnels.

More weapon types, flame throwers, gas canisters, napalm for jets, ETC.
      Last edited by Brainhurts; 04-25-2013, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Just off the top of my head:

- Assist points for deploying smoke
        - Be able to name squads
        - Not one commander but up to 4, 2 for each team.
        - More complex subobjectives in conquest, not just capturing a specific flag.
        - Nigthtime maps that are really dark. Where the flashlights have real purpose besides blinding people. IR and nightvision?
        - Sprint fatigue, not being able to run the whole time.

IŽll add more later.
        sigpic

Comment

A commander, obviously.
          More/better defined roles within squads.
          6-person squads.
          A game mode similar to Titan in BF2142 - maybe with aircraft carriers? Something with the focussed combat of Rush but without the easy camping.
          Separate Engineer/Anti-Tank and Medic/Assault classes (think Planetside 2).
          More options for Recon to work in a squad as a designated marksman or infiltrator instead of sitting back and sniping - give them decent non-shotgun close-range weapons.
          Bigger teams (48v48?).
          Make the teams more interesting than "heroic grizzled Americans versus dirty Reds". And no, "heroic grizzled Americans versus dirty Reds AND ALSO versus dirty browns" doesn't count.
          I'm not sure how to do this, but making jets so that they don't spend all their time fighting other jets would be nice.
          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

More Cowbell????? All the cows I saw were dead!

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
              A commander, obviously.
              More/better defined roles within squads.
              6-person squads.
              A game mode similar to Titan in BF2142 - maybe with aircraft carriers? Something with the focussed combat of Rush but without the easy camping.
              Separate Engineer/Anti-Tank and Medic/Assault classes (think Planetside 2).
              More options for Recon to work in a squad as a designated marksman or infiltrator instead of sitting back and sniping - give them decent non-shotgun close-range weapons.
              Bigger teams (48v48?).
              Make the teams more interesting than "heroic grizzled Americans versus dirty Reds". And no, "heroic grizzled Americans versus dirty Reds AND ALSO versus dirty browns" doesn't count.
              I'm not sure how to do this, but making jets so that they don't spend all their time fighting other jets would be nice.
              Quite a lot of this thread I completely disagree with...but I will quote the above for starters.

1 Commander can be fine and more than that and you can do it with just squad leaders. No one will listen to the commander anyway so it really just depends on the abilities given to the commander. Would like to see innovation there because BF2 commander is tedious and worthless outside competition. I don't want to be spot spammed again.

Carbines to medics is not going to change anything. Remember BC2 with LMGs? They weren't as OP as the assault rifles, but everyone used them. As long as a class has a health pack and defib it will be the most powerful class in a game determined by tickets and people who care about KDR. Unless you give medics only PDWs or shotguns, you won't see a difference.

Separating the classes more is also somewhat pointless. You just invent a reason for no one to ever play assault again unless you make them super powerful. BF2 you were more likely to be killed by a g36e than a g3 even though the G3 was the most powerful gun in the game. Whatever the most powerful medic weapon is ... if the most used gun in a BF game as long as revives and deployable medic exists.

Separating Engineer and AT? Why? Does it make you mad that a person has an RPG/Repair torch if hop out of a tank? The number of times I have ever seen that come into play is ... well when I have done it. Secondary vehicle explosions have made that situation unlikely to matter. Not sure what weapon you want to give to engineers either, because right now you are making them a wrench only class...maybe with shotguns like BF2. That means only vehicle drivers will take the class (meaning no one will repair you but yourself) and ... they will still hop out and magically kill you at close range when you try to put C4 on their vehicle. This solves nothing.

Recons have PDWs now. If they need a CQ weapon better than the M5K, P90, or MP7...they aren't trying.

6 person squads. 64 / 6 = 10 remainder 4 32/6 (the more important one) is 5 remainder 2. So if you fill up every squad someone gets stuck in a 2 person squad. Who cares you say, that can be the jet squad... of course that forgets infantry only type maps. So you are basically dooming those two people to crap spawning. On the tg server this can be even worse because TG squads fill up. So likely you will be left out with crappy pubbers in a sub channel with no voice because...well there are 6 tg on your team and they are all in the same squad. So... no. 6 isn't some magic number, it was the number used in BF2 and 2142 and it had issues there as well.

48 v 48 would solve this issue possibly...but...console can't handle it currently. Maybe the next gen, so only maybe if DICE is willing to break the game into PC and PS4/Xbox720 and different version for Xbox360 and PS3. And, what chance do you think a TG server has of getting 96 players? As you increase player number, more people filter and flock to the biggest servers. This means that smaller communities are stuck trying to build up to that number to attract anyone. It becomes even harder than trying to populate a 32 or 24 player server today. 48 v 48 could be fun, but it is certainly a death knell for TG run servers unless the community expands massively to support it.

Oh and on 48 v 48 people will still play grindathon maps like BF2 Karkand or BF3 metro...but it will be even worse.

Mod support is pointless. There would not be a quality mod out like you guys remember from BF2 for BF3 by now. With BF4 out this year, we have reached the point where amateur designers cannot create full conversions within the time span professionals can. Plus the complexity of the games and tools puts some of that beyond them without basically an unpaid group of professional developers working for the mod.

The only reason for mod tools would be for tweaking for competition support. That can be done with better variable handling and better RCON capabilities off the bat.

More weapons....

Really. Other than the novelty, what would more than the billion weapons we currently have add to the game. Certain weapons are already superfluous and add nothing to the game because of their numbers.

I am sure there is more, but rather than just being down on other people's ideas.

I agree with less perks on vehicles. Reactive needs to be built-in and unrepairable, proxy needs to go away. I would like better development of gunner perks instead of just allowing the vehicle to stack up things.

For infantry combat, I would like to see a slowed down revive system like Far Cry 2 or Brink. The defib system just inspires bad squad play.

An overheating mechanism on every gun would be great. I get quite sick of how easy mag dumpers have it in this game. I know spread is supposed to deal with that... but people mag dump on guns like the m16 with practically no spread.

Suppression effect creates random sway and not random recoil or spread (so a player can actually limit the effect on aim with more effort).

I would really like laser spotting on the ground to be tied to aircraft more. Maybe even give them GPS JDAMs that cannot be dropped without ground targets provided by the infantry. I would like to be able to designate anything on the map for a guided weapon, not just lock onto every vehicle. (DICE should also figure out how to prevent empty vehicles from locking).

I would like there to be an animation or delay for people hopping out of vehicles.

I think much better thought out emplaced weapons should be put in maps for defensive purposes instead of vehicles. (Especially on Rush).

Most of all, I want the repair tool nerfed.

Comment

VoIP. Period.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
                  More focus on teamwork, less on competitive run and gun twitchy twitchers.
                  BF3 does not focus on competition at all. It's actually laughable. The hit regs are horrible. It's one of the reasons why competitive BF3 died a long long time ago.

I would like the obvious. 6 man squads, commander, VOIP. Things like this that actually support teamwork.

Comment

One thing I would like to see that I feel helped slow down the game play somewhat is reloading discards whatever is left in the magazine. Makes you think a bit more tactically.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I know kwalc that is why I don't want them to focus on it at all, even less then they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Misnomer View Post
                        This means that smaller communities are stuck trying to build up to that number to attract anyone. It becomes even harder than trying to populate a 32 or 24 player server today. 48 v 48 could be fun, but it is certainly a death knell for TG run servers unless the community expands massively to support it.
                        Well, the reverse actually happened here at TG. At [BF3] launch TG members/friends who had gone dormant over the years, or active in other titles, resurfaced with great anticipation and FILLED TG servers - we had three at the time. Unfortunately, MANY were disappointed and either stopped playing within a week or gradually over the following months. Even our previous (larger) BC2 group were dismayed and stopped playing BF3. By the time the DLC's came around it was too late to recapture interest for the majority of our members/friends. So the current TG BF3 player base does not reflect the potential of our community.

A game will rarely please everyone (here), but must have some common tangibles that will satisfy "older" players while generating interest to lure new ones. For example, our ARMA servers have REALLY grown in popularity and membership. As pointed out, in-game VOIP was one tangible that EA/DICE failed to provide in BF3, and neither browser "Sonar" nor TS are sufficient alternatives for the growth that other titles like BF2 provided. This has been shouted and cried out to DICE since day 1, and even during the Alpha stage, so I hope they get their act together and include a standardized, functional in-game VOIP for BF4 so we don't run into that wall again... and have forums filled with disgruntled whiners - oops, I mean critics. :row__679:

The ideas here are great though. Keep them coming :row__523::icon14:

:icon_frow
                        |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                        sigpic

Comment

voip
                          squad leader tools
                          commander
                          larger squads, with ability to name squad
                          squad invites
                          scoreboard to focus on points not kills/deaths
                          overheat on machine guns like 2142 had
                          get rid of classes altogether and have you build out your own kit selection
                          bring sprint bar/stamina back
                          get rid of or limit vaulting
                          get rid of melee attack button
                          get rid of wall hack devices
                          get rid of auto repairing vehicles

just a few off the top of my head

Comment

No Auto Noob Slugs! So stupid!!!!
                            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I'm having Deja Vu....

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...eds-liked.html

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X