X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BleedingKnee
    started a topic Minimap on second monitor

Minimap on second monitor

BF4 will feature minimaps on the second monitor!

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_...railer_leaked/
    The actual trailer from that link has been removed, but a guy from DICE confirmed it.

Also, the BattleLog trailer airs today:
    https://twitter.com/Battlefield/stat...25180821737472

• Volchok_Son
    replied
    Re: Minimap on second monitor

It looks very interesting that is for sure. I like the ideas that will be implemented with the BF4 and will be back running the game with the boys for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Namebot
    replied

It was previously suggested that it would be available through battlelog and therefor if you have a second computer(laptop) or tablet it could be utilized in place of a second monitor. If so I doubt it would replace the minimap, but rather augment.

Leave a comment:

• BleedingKnee
    replied

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
    I just hope it dsn't give people with two monitors a big advantage over those with just the one.
    IMO, it is not an advantage when in combat. Taking the time to look at the second monitor takes longer than a glance at the mini-map. If you are in combat, the second monitor will distract you for longer. If enabling the map on the second monitor turns off the mini-map, the advantage goes to one monitor setups.

However, using the second monitor to view the full size map beats the one monitor setup, simply because you can still see the first person view.

How do I know this? There is an app that zooms any part of your screen. If you move that app to your second monitor, you can effectively have a zoomed in mini-map on your second monitor for BF3. I tried it out; it was useless. Like I said, it took too long to look over to the second monitor. Also, the resolution was crap.

All that being said, people with better setups will always have an advantage. Not having wife or kids in the house is a huge boost to my gameplay. Also, not having you shooting at me helps out a lot.

I'm not sure how people get by with one monitor. Considering you can get one for $100, it's probably the best value upgrade to any PC. If you're really strapped for cash, you can get an old tube monitor for a song on craigslist or from the recycling center.

Leave a comment:

• E-Male
    replied

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
    I just hope it dsn't give people with two monitors a big advantage over those with just the one.
    I hope it does ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Kwalc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• E-Male
    replied

Awesome. I have been praying to the virtual gods for years for duel monitor game design. This will set a wonderful precedent.

Leave a comment:

• P8riot
    replied

That is pretty interesting. very curious to see how that evolves.

BEST implementation of the a multiscreen set-up? Commander Mode on a side screen.. now were talkin'! Maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Crimson87
    replied

SupCom1: Forged Alliance Forever. Had this option built into it. It turned the second screen into its own fully functional map that could use strategic zoom at any level. Absolutely a blast to watch replays or play the game itself on the big screen of 4 on 4 going at it.

I could see a real further use out of this mode other than simple minimap.

While this may beyond the scope of the hardware. It would be interesting to see a commander be able to pick up a pad device ingame and walk away from the PC. Touchcreeen interface to analyze the carnage and place orders, markers, and drops. Just attach a combo headset microphone to the device and be free of the desktop for a lazy boy recliner. Again probably beyond scope since BF4 would probably have to be installed on the pad as well. But just an out there idea.

Leave a comment:

• Wicks
    replied

Oh well, still a cool feature!:row__590:

Leave a comment:

• general_alvin
    replied

That's what I've seen so far as well.

Leave a comment:

• WhiskeySix
    replied

Unfortunately, from what I've seen, it's just attack/defend-markers - tag-a-flag, BF3-style.

Leave a comment:

• general_alvin
    replied

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
    Very cool, particularly interested in the ability to change loadouts via tablet and set attack markers/waypoints, along with the other map related stuff.
    Has waypoints been confirmed?

Leave a comment:

• BleedingKnee
    replied

Originally posted by bolagnaise View Post
    I remember asking if this was possible the first week BF3 came out. I hope you can chose to display the mini map on not just a tablet but also a second monitor.
    Yes.

They have explicitly said that you can run it on:
    * a second monitor
    * a second PC running on the same network
    * a tablet/phone (presumably on the same network too)

source: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_...railer_leaked/

Leave a comment:

• Mortifier
    replied

I have a spare iPad that would be perfect for the second screen stuff, but is it confirmed that feature will be available on PC? In that vid they kept referencing "console", not PC.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X