Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF4 Build

Hey guys time to build.

Just wanted to pick peoples brains about the stuff i have picked out here. Any feed back would be helpful.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.79 @ DirectCanada)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ NCIX)
    Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z87 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($249.99 @ NCIX)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($73.26 @ DirectCanada)
    Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($179.98 @ NCIX)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($246.99 @ NCIX)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Gunmetal ATX Full Tower Case ($169.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($134.99 @ NCIX)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($17.50 @ Vuugo)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($147.99 @ NCIX)
    Total: $1645.26
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-18 11:33 EDT-0400)

Don`t worry much about the prices that come up here as i will try and get everything from one place like NCIX.ca as i am in canada.

JUst want to make sure i am not leaving anything out i need or if something wont work together.

Re: BF4 Build

Is there a reason why you havenīt gone for Win8? Iīm asking because itīs recommended for BF4 and I only have 7 myself.
    sigpic

Comment

from everything i have read so far it is a toss up. 7 has better driver support but 8 is getting better.

Comment

*whistle

That's a pretty build. I do like the Samsung 840 Pro SSD drives, but the pricing that you have is right in the middle of their 128GB and 256 GB models.

Comment

yeah the samsungs are nice but this one is pretty cheap for the size.

Comment

Man, that is a rig. Buy it and have fun, I don't see anything missing or really questionable.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

sweet thanks dude it will be great to have

Comment

Oh yeah, that is purdy, nice.

Comment

things like this make me sad i cant shove this power in my laptop XD

great build :)
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Rock, wait until October when Windows 8.1 comes out. If you wait to put it together then, you will not have to do the wonky reinstalls for the upcoming official windows 8 start bar/ previous windows interface...

By the way, you really think that the dual fan H100i will work on that Phantom? As far as I can tell, that will not support it, though the H80i will work just wonderfully in that case.

I bought an H80i and a new Phantom case and I like it.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16811146073

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

The H100 will definitely fit in that case.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1144409/h...s#post15340386

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Not to be a dick, but, lancer, the list does not show the NZXT 630... If you point out where exactly it is, then I will be satisfied... Rather, the Phantom tag goes to many different ones. So far the ones shown in the picture is the case I have...

He is looking at a Phantom 630 while I have a regular Phantom...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                          Not to be a dick, but, lancer, the list does not show the NZXT 630... If you point out where exactly it is, then I will be satisfied... Rather, the Phantom tag goes to many different ones. So far the ones shown in the picture is the case I have...

He is looking at a Phantom 630 while I have a regular Phantom...
                          Article with pictures: http://archive.benchmarkreviews.com/...1&limitstart=4

It will fit in any Phantom series case.

Comment

ah, so you really have to force that then... wish I knew that, but the H80i is good enough for me...

Comment

Geez, Rock, pulling out the stops, eh? You trying to 'load in' faster than me? ;)
                              OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X