Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official BF4 beta... "Is it a glitch or just me?" thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official BF4 beta... "Is it a glitch or just me?" thread.

Since this is a beta we might as well do a little investigating. If you find a glitch, say it here and we'll see if others can confirm it so we can report these suckers.

I found a couple. First one may just be me.

1st. For what ever reason I have no spot option in my comma rose. There is clearly a space for a circular spot command in the center of the rose, but no polygon or words appear. I have a spot reflex(along with a reload reflex) from playing in BF2 & 3 here at TG; However, I always end up saying "Sorry" instead of spotting now. maybe related... I tied my spot to the "z" button.

2nd. RPGs still look loaded even though I'm clearly out of them. I think this is more common.

Re: The official BF4 beta... "Is it a glitch or just me?" thread.

I seems to be raining leaches at times.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson87 View Post
      Since this is a beta we might as well do a little investigating. If you find a glitch, say it here and we'll see if others can confirm it so we can report these suckers.

I found a couple. First one may just be me.

1st. For what ever reason I have no spot option in my comma rose. There is clearly a space for a circular spot command in the center of the rose, but no polygon or words appear. I have a spot reflex(along with a reload reflex) from playing in BF2 & 3 here at TG; However, I always end up saying "Sorry" instead of spotting now. maybe related... I tied my spot to the "z" button.

2nd. RPGs still look loaded even though I'm clearly out of them. I think this is more common.
      1 is and isn't just you. Spotting hasn't been in the center of the commo rose (when we've had one) since BC2. Spotting is now just tapping Q, or your spot/commo rose button. I think changing the spot bind in BF4 will make it so tapping will spot and holding will bring up the commo rose.

2 is definitely a bug, and is an apparently simple fix. I've seen it in various non-battlefield games as well.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I found a bug, with John this morning, where I couldn't see him, his tag showed but not his physical character, i could see the dust made by his feet moving tho, it was quite funny
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I hate that elevator glitch! You go up the elevator hoping there is no bad guys, step out and you hear that "ding" sound. But when the bad guys come up, NO DANG "DING"!!!! Just a "How do you do! Now you gonna die!" and the bullets start the flying!

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
            I hate that elevator glitch! You go up the elevator hoping there is no bad guys, step out and you hear that "ding" sound. But when the bad guys come up, NO DANG "DING"!!!! Just a "How do you do! Now you gonna die!" and the bullets start the flying!
            Also, (and this might just be my machine/graphics settings/lag) there is a split second when the doors open that it appears there is no one inside. Then they appear out of thin air like its a spawn point. Made it very hard to even cover the door.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
              Also, (and this might just be my machine/graphics settings/lag) there is a split second when the doors open that it appears there is no one inside. Then they appear out of thin air like its a spawn point. Made it very hard to even cover the door.
              also a tip for the elevator, if the names appear inside before the door opens, its friendlies, otherwise its enemies.
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
                also a tip for the elevator, if the names appear inside before the door opens, its friendlies, otherwise its enemies.
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I got a couple issues with the beta:
                  1. The smoke/dust/fog effect disappears sometimes (like when looking around or zoom in/out)
                  2. hit detection feels buggy, as if the hits register a second or 2 after I hit someone (I play on servers with <50ms latency)

Just for reference I'm running i5-4670K at 3.4GHz, 8Gb memory, and Radeon 6970 with latest beta driver.

Comment

Re: The official BF4 beta... &quot;Is it a glitch or just me?&quot; thread.

1. walked through a closed elevator door into the elevator
                    2. The boat randomly spawns around the map, not always in the water.
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I have clicked to spawn on the tank at Echo, only to find it was already taken by the enemy right in front of me. I once spawned inside the tank's mesh, not in a seat of the tank itself, instant death ensues.

I would hope that everyone knows that joining a friend in game, WILL pull them out of the squad they are already in, putting you 2 in a squad that is set to private. Which means you will have to go to "Team Setup" and change it to public. There is also a good chance that you wont be able to leave that new squad, nor join another squad until that round is over.
                      To get around this, click on the server name they are in, when the servers page loads, click on the "Join Server" button. Sure you may end up on the other team.
                      theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                      E Pluribus Unum
                      Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

One guy in my squad yesterday was laying next to the elevator and outside the billboard sign and reported he was stuck in the loadout screen. Said he could click on each member and watch what they were doing. He was clearly visable and he did get killed when they finally came up.

Comment

Anti-sniper glitch... :)

Comment

Yeah, the elevators are crazy buggy. I was on the ground floor at C and a bad guy appeared at the door on the ground floor as the doors closed. When it opened at the top, the same guy was there waiting at the door. He died there so I'm figuring the ground floor appearance was a glitch.
                            SPOOK...
                            "Good tactics can save even the worst strategy. Bad tactics will destroy even the best strategy." - George S. Patton

Comment

Yesterday my VOIP was disabled whenever I was dead. Whenever I pushed to talk my speaker icon would not change and I couldn't be heard. I could hear everything fine. Rebooting did not fix the problem.
                              |TG|Melee
                              Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...