FOV changes for BF4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOV changes for BF4

BF4 gives us the option of taking the FOV all the way up to 120. BF3 capped it at 90. However that is not the only change in FOV.

Normally, the FOV takes effect only when you are not scoped in with your weapon. When you do scope in, the zoom is the same regardless of your FOV setting.

However, in BF4, scoping in with the cobra sights gives different zoom levels for different FOV settings.

This shot is taken with an FOV of 120:

This shot is taken with an FOV of 90:

Please head over to Imgur to see the whole album which contains more images:
    http://imgur.com/a/eIXK3

Personally, I do not like this change. I want a really high FOV to better my situational awareness. But I do not want it affecting my ability to aim. It IS harder to hit someone when they are a smaller target, and they are a smaller target at a higher FOV.

Re: FOV changes for BF4

But... this is how it works in every title. At least, this is how I've "seen" it since Quake 2.

PS I play on 85 :p
    Skud

Comment

I am playing at FOV 75 at 1920x1080 (16:9) res. on a 27" LCD. Any higher and I get the "fisheye" effect which drives me nuts!
      Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
        But... this is how it works in every title. At least, this is how I've "seen" it since Quake 2.

PS I play on 85 :p
        BF3 was different: http://imgur.com/a/eIXK3

Comment

This seems to be using the correct FOV, without screwing with it. I like it.

Comment

All I'm saying is, the FOV settings in BF4 are more "traditional" - akin to Quake.
            Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
              All I'm saying is, the FOV settings in BF4 are more "traditional" - akin to Quake.
              Yes, agreed. I think the consoles started lowering that standard all the way down to a 60 FOV and made people sick in the process. I remember the days of 100/120 FOV playing UT!

Comment

Well... 60 FOV is great for a 30 inch television 5 feet away from you. 60 FOV is terrible for a 20 in monitor 2 feet in front of you.

Here's a two part series about FOV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blZUao2jTGA
                Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse