Testing BF4 for SCIENCE! Misc. beta notes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing BF4 for SCIENCE! Misc. beta notes

So Abel, Britt, Knyghtmare, seargantrob, protoman-swe and I (and I think a couple others, I'm sorry for forgetting) did some general testing of things in the beta tonight. Here's my notes.

Motion Balls on the Recon have a 30m radius and only last a few seconds, 10 I think.

On normal settings, enemies are automatically spotted if they are within 10m of you. Red diamond, minimap icon, the works. If you spot someone with Q, they remain spotted on your map and you get a diamond when in line of sight, and this effect is only broken if you move (estimated) 50m away from the Q spotted enemy. If BF3 is any indication, we will likely have server side control over at least part of this and this is likely representative of normal/vanilla mode only.

Support ammo boxes have not changed from previous games. They resupply all infantry based gadgets and ammunition.

Tanks regenerate a main gun shell every 10 seconds.

Damage against armor by other vehicles and AT weapons (Tanks, LAVs) is like it was in BC2, it is a certain value and then adjusted based on angle. The following values are at 90 degree angles or close to 90.

LAV main gun damage against Tanks
    4 front
    4 side
    7/8 rear

RPG-7 against Tank
    23 front
    36 rear
    55 side
    43 top

Tank against Tank
    24 front
    34 side
    55 rear

(We can safely assume that the maximum damage of tank and RPG against tank are the same given how similar their values are)

TOW against LAV or Tank
    34 front
    55 side
    55 rear

Repair tool does 3-5 damage per second to enemy occupied vehicles (probably identical to BF3)

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Re: Testing things for SCIENCE! Misc. beta notes

Nice, I was hoping to have more testing and Beta time but work has of course gone ballistic this week. Keep it coming you under loaded college guy!
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post

On normal settings, enemies are automatically spotted if they are within 10m of you. Red diamond, minimap icon, the works.
      Could you clarify this? Is line of sight still required? Say one player is hiding inside a building. Walking next to building(within 10 m as stated) will result in player that was hiding being auto spotted on minimap?
      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
        Could you clarify this? Is line of sight still required? Say one player is hiding inside a building. Walking next to building(within 10 m as stated) will result in player that was hiding being auto spotted on minimap?
        Yeah, my bad. Line of sight is required.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Re: Testing BF4 for SCIENCE! Misc. beta notes

I too have carefully tested BF4 and found that every friggin player can kill me in 0.0001 seconds. Every time.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
            I too have carefully tested BF4 and found that every friggin player can kill me in 0.0001 seconds. Every time.
            Play like your playing CS, it helps quite a bit
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Put more bullets in your gun! I seen your video where you are laying on ground with just THREE bullets in the gun. Situation awareness, son!

Comment

Put more bullets in your gun! I seen your video where you are laying on ground with just THREE bullets in the gun. Situation awareness, son!
                Last edited by OldGunney; 10-04-2013, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                  Two of those bullets are for you and one for when I shoot myself in the foot!
                  sigpic

Comment

If anyone is bored/available this morning, maybe consider testing bleed rates. :D

Comment

How do healthpacks work now? Do you have to "pick them up" for them to work?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                        How do healthpacks work now? Do you have to "pick them up" for them to work?
                        Yes. The small packs will "stick" to anyone who runs over them, or anyone they collide with when they are thrown, refilling a magazine or two (ammo) or semi-quickly refilling your health bar. (medic)

The big boxes, in the case of beta the ammo box, is unchanged from past titles. It just sits on the ground and refills ammo for any infantry based weapon.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X