So it begins....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it begins....

Tried the beta for the first time since it opened up for everyone. Almost unplayable for me right now :( but that's not the saddest part.

After being killed 5 times by the same guy whilst jumping from C building down towards the other flags I exit the game start up fraps and entered this lovely spectator mode they have given us. Now I've 20 gigs of footage in first person mode of this guy using aimbot.

To be honest I thought it would start on day one. Or maybe I just missed them...

Now I just have to figure out where to send the footage at Dice.
    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Re: So it begins....

Not entirely surprising, it's entirely likely that similar vulnerabilities exist in Frostbite 3 as existed in Frostbite 1 and 2. One weekend seems ample time for the various hack programmers to tweak an existing aimbot for use in BF4.

Sucks that we have to put up with it this early though.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

yeha people were yelling hacker the other night on the server, its inevitable, but im sure our server will be well -patrolled :)
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Happens.

I've heard that Punkbuster is not working at all right now for BF4. Also, attaching punkbuster to the beta is kinda a feel-good move and nothing more - I doubt it's effective with the beta in the state it's in.

This will be much better at release. We'll not only be able to monitor this with our Admins, but punkbuster will be much more effective.
        Skud

Comment

With BF3, PB issued a few mass ban waves shortly after launch. I'm sure they are quietly gathering info on the first cheats and once retail is live they will flag them for detection. Might as well get $60 from the hacker before banning them - a ban will hurt more then.:)

It's a never ending battle though. Thankfully we got spectator this time - it will help big time on the admin side.
          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

And I was trolled in-game last night by some loser!

Seems he does not like my videos . . .

I do hope we get a squad member kick function (I forget, was this a feature in BF3?)
            sigpic

Comment

Abel, you try all the tweaks everyone suggested? Disabling hyperthreading, setting BF4 task priority to low, etc. Those tweaks seemed to help get the game become playable for those who have issues.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X