Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Hi All

I tried the beta for the first time last night. Besides being really really slow to load (Not sure if this is the case because of beta) I had very few problems. It auto set my Graphics to ultra and had pretty good frame rates.
    My big issue is the graphics look like COD Black Ops which I hated. (Too cartoony)

Is there a setting to get the game to look more like BF3 graphics which I loved?

All help is appreciated. Todd
    sigpic

Re: Question

As far as I can tell, the game does indeed look a bit cartoonish. Perhaps they have dialed down the full show until after Beta, but (and I say this knowing full well I am in for a few hundred hours with BF4) thus far the visual artistry is lacking. Again, this must be a Beta issue.
    sigpic

Comment

Personally I find the kits look better, in fact less cartoonish than BF3. Case in point the dopey, gangly recon in BF3, looks like Goofy in a shemagh. Plus a lot of the Russian class character models in BF3, particularly the support, looked too 'rounded' for my taste, just a big black blob. I prefer the BF4 models, if you look closely the equipment seems more clearly defined, at least to my aging eyes lol.

Comment

Try disabling post processing.
        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I really don't see much of a difference between the BF3 and BF4 models and textures. They're very similar graphically overall.

Mess with settings once we hit full release and see what looks and works best, that's the best I can say.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
            Personally I find the kits look better, in fact less cartoonish than BF3. Case in point the dopey, gangly recon in BF3, looks like Goofy in a shemagh. Plus a lot of the Russian class character models in BF3, particularly the support, looked too 'rounded' for my taste, just a big black blob. I prefer the BF4 models, if you look closely the equipment seems more clearly defined, at least to my aging eyes lol.
            Good point. The critical study of games long ago noted the incredible realism with which weapons were rendered. Note how weapons tend toward high definition realism while faces lack detail, and the general absence of blood and gore. It is in these differences, such as what is hi or low 'definition' in games, that ideological aspects are said to be found.

The weapons do look gorgeous.
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...