X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent armor mechanics video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjp-nk-RkcM

(not mine)

So the big takeaway is that angle-of-impact matters a lot more now than in previous battlefields. Rather than being hit location only, your attack damage can be significantly reduced. For instance, attacks that hit the rear hitzone can do anywhere from 21 to 55 points of damage depending on the angle. In that instance, it would probably be better to actually aim for the side armor and get a higher damage shot in. This also means you can help mitigate damage by angling your tank appropriately. They also go into the disable mechanics, which are fairly interesting.

Tanking seems like its going to be much more about proper placement and tactics than ever before, which is great.
    I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Re: Excellent armor mechanics video

Great catch, lots of good information for future BF4 tank drivers, or killers. Looks like the Armor / Infantry balance will be much better than the previous installment.
    |TG-6th|FYAH29
    "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Doesn't matter what angle when I pop 2 c4 packs on it. >_<
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
        Doesn't matter what angle when I pop 2 c4 packs on it. >_<
        Quite true!

Have I mentioned that the sniper has C4 again? Have I recently mentioned how awesome that is?

It's really awesome!

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
          Quite true!

Have I mentioned that the sniper has C4 again? Have I recently mentioned how awesome that is?

It's really awesome!
          Have I mentioned that a sniper with c4, motion balls, and a carbine is a flag defending MONSTER
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Have I mentioned that a sniper with c4, motion balls, and a carbine is a flag defending MONSTER
            Has anybody mentioned when I can get my Claymores?

Comment

Before this goes any further I should mention this started as a thread on killing tanks. Lets no get too carried away now ;)

I like the change. Its a reasonable buff to a tanks survivability without being something crazy like super mobility or a high health/condition value.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Changes I see are that angle of attack now effects tank rounds and mobility hits are only temporary rather than constant under a certain amount of health.

Much more important in my view is the necessity to choose between AP/HE rounds and whatever ever other equipment choices are available.
                |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I'm enjoying running tanks a lot more in BF4 then BF3. Everything seems a lot more balanced and the tanks are more agile. Thinking about angles seems like a luxury though considering you have RPGs raining down from the rooftops, attack choppers buzzing like mosquitos and bleeping recons to look out for.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
                    I'm enjoying running tanks a lot more in BF4 then BF3. Everything seems a lot more balanced and the tanks are more agile. Thinking about angles seems like a luxury though considering you have RPGs raining down from the rooftops, attack choppers buzzing like mosquitos and bleeping recons to look out for.
                    I'm sure they will ruin it by adding magical radar to the tanks

Comment

I'm sure they will ruin it by adding magical radar to the tanks
                      Its an accesory option for the gunner currently. Prox radar replaces gunner zoom, which actually isn't a bad trade. Without how bad AP rounds are at killing infantry, the LMGs on tanks are the only way to really deal with infantry with any reliability. If a tank swaps out his coax for guided missiles and the gunner swaps out zoom for prox, you've got a tank that's neutered itself fairly heavily against infantry threats at any range but close, where its very effective. Seems fair enough, if not fun for the recon.
                      I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X