confused about the pre-order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused about the pre-order

not sure if this came up already or not, but I notice they got 2 different things up on their preorder page, they got the bf4 premium for $50, and bf4 for $60. do you have to buy both to get the game & the dlcs? or can you just buy the premium and get the game and the dlcs?

Re: confused about the pre-order

BF4 $60 is just for the game with the starting maps that come with it.

BF4 premium for $50 is just for the 5 map packs that will come out through the life of the game. (each pack is 15$ if you do not buy premium, so you are saving 25$ if you plan on buying all 5 packs)
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

wife said that is ridiculous lol. don't think ill be buying it then since i can't afford a game for that much with the dlcs. rent went up by another 100 dollars per month...

Comment

Even more ridiculous about the Premium "deal" is that preorders get one DLC for free (China Rising) and the other DLC is basically the "Back to BF3" DLC, featuring such wonderful maps as Metro, Firestorm, and BF3's Oman incarnation. It also has Caspian border, but I'd rather not pay $15 to replay that one map, and the others I can happily live without. If you preorder and are okay with never playing those maps again (and admittedly, possibly also not ever playing with whatever guns those DLCs add) you're not saving any money at all with premium, and premium's cost will also come down somewhat.

Plus, of the BF3 DLCs, the only ones I'd consider worth buying are Aftermath, Back to Karkand, and Close Quarters. The rest all left me cold, so I lost about $20 for DLC I never play.
        I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitamin187 View Post
          wife said that is ridiculous lol. don't think ill be buying it then since i can't afford a game for that much with the dlcs. rent went up by another 100 dollars per month...
          very understandble :)

It has always been that way tho, bf1942 plus all the expansions was 110$ so was bf2 plus all expanisions. Thing is, they had mod support so "DLC" wasn't really necessary for a community such as ours back than.
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
            very understandble :)

It has always been that way tho, bf1942 plus all the expansions was 110$ so was bf2 plus all expanisions. Thing is, they had mod support so "DLC" wasn't really necessary for a community such as ours back than.
            The community actually created that mod support, not DICE. ;)

Comment

Yup the pricing is a bit messy. However, as far as gametime per hour goes, nothing beats battlefield for me: 550 hours/ $100 = really cheap entertainment...

As far as rehashing the old maps, I don't mind that one bit... I'd rather have 10 new and 10 old maps than just 10 new maps. It's nice to play for a few hours without repeating the same map...

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                The community actually created that mod support, not DICE. ;)
                what about BF2: Special forces and that jazz, that was community?
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                  what about BF2: Special forces and that jazz, that was community?
                  I don't remember who made that expansion, I guess someone at DICE. Had a lot of fun in that one.

Comment

A bit of history . . . from the view of a BF fanboy(BF changed the way I play video games from the very first hour of MP)
                    BF 1942 had 2 expansions, The Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of WWII. Both were developed by DICE, both were eh, compared to many great community mods, like, Eve Of Destruction, Forgotten Hope, Galactic Conquest, Battlefield Pirates. And the epic Desert Combat, which was developed by Trauma Studios, who went to work for DICE to create BF2. The guys from Trauma quit DICE just weeks before the release of BF2(or were fired, depending on who you ask), to create their own studio to develop the flop Frontlines series.

BF 2 only had the one expansion pack Special Forces, and those "Booster Packs"; Euro Force and Armored Fury. They were made by studios under EA, but they dont compare to the community mods, Eve of Destruction 2, the totally popular here at TG, Point of Existence 2 and Project Reality.

2142 had Northern Strike, again made by DICE. I didnt play 2142 much, as I was still playing and enjoying POE2. I did play some of the First Strike(Star Wars) mod, but again, POE2 had its hooks in me.

BC2 had those map packs, no mod support. Basically a console port, eh.

BF3 had the the DLC expansions; Back to Karkand, Close Quarters, Armored Kill, Aftermath and End Game. With NO mod support.
                    We can expect the same from BF4; the 5 DLC packages, and NO mod support. They wouldn't want any one playing, nor creating a better version of their game. :)

>>>
                    Back on topic.. I preordered BF4 the day it was available.. along with the Premium. Even if the last couple releases were not as playable as BF1942 and BF2, I still love the franchise, and will continue to play way too much of it.
                    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                    E Pluribus Unum
                    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

The 2000+ hours I sunk in BF2 were by no means anything to do with BF2. It was all Project Reality and POE2. I hated BF2, to be honest.

All the yearning for a more "BF2 experience" really makes me shake my head... because BF2 vanilla was awful. I can't say that about BC2 and BF3 - I really enjoyed them for what they were.

I got my money's worth out of BF3's premium - I probably will get that double with BF4... we'll see, though. I don't count chickens before my eggs are hatched, usually.
                      Skud

Comment

Given the hours of entertainment I'm sure I'll get from BF4 I'm fine with $110 for the whole package.
                        Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Originally posted by Vitamin187 View Post
                          Maybe squirrel a little away by cutting back in other areas...and then get her a gift when you place your order!
                          |TG|Melee
                          Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Panic and confusion.

I purchased Battlefield 4™ Premium Membership ($49) a few weeks ago.

When I click on the pre-load link at the top of my Origin nothing happens.

I also cannot locate a product code anywhere.

I did download and play the Beta, but now my MY GAMES section in Origin no longer shows BF4.

Perhaps not yet available in Canada for preloading?
                            sigpic

Comment

The item you listed above is only the extra content that will later be available for play(maps). You need to purchase Battlefield 4. I suggest since you have already bought the premium package that you avoid the "digital deluxe edition" and just go with the standard.
                              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X