X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 4 Beta Performance: 16 Graphics Cards, Benchmarked

TomsHardware looks at how the beta plays:
    Battlefield 4 Beta Performance: 16 Graphics Cards, Benchmarked

Of course, keep in mind that retail performance could be quite different than the beta, especially the spikes of reduced FPS.

Here's another good article over on TomsHardware:
    Best Graphics Cards For The Money: September 2013

(I'm tight on cash, so I just picked up a 7950 Boost 3GB for $189 AR... hopefully that'll be a nice improvement over the GTX460 I'm running now)

Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Performance: 16 Graphics Cards, Benchmarked

Great find Whiskey.

Makes me feel that my original I7-980X CPU should be fine. I will definitely need to update the GPU as those higher detail settings are gorgeous compared to the medium settings I'm running with my old 5870.

Comment

You will find that card will make a world of difference W6. I did a similar upgrade a few months ago (gtx460 - hd7950), gaming became a whole lot more enjoyable. Even running the beta right now @ 60+ fps.
      sigpic

Comment

The 7950 is a great card at a great price right now. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I just received a 7950 3gig with factory overclock. Its eating up PlanetSide 2, Crysis3 and BF4 on ultra with ease. Not bad for its current price point 250ish or less
          Sarcoma.

Comment

Also went with the 7950 recently and am getting very smooth 60+ FPS in BF4. Great card for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Makarov View Post
              Also went with the 7950 recently and am getting very smooth 60+ FPS in BF4. Great card for the price.
              Nice!! That's reassuring to hear :D

Now I think the bottle-neck will be my 4yr old CPU (Phenom II x4 @3ghz) and DDR2-800

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                Nice!! That's reassuring to hear :D

Now I think the bottle-neck will be my 4yr old CPU (Phenom II x4 @3ghz) and DDR2-800
                Yeah, usually when you give up gaming for real life, your computer starts to age quickly. It just ain't right mane.

Comment

I like the sound of that 7950, but I have a hatred of AMD.......Hmmmmmm.............

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                    I like the sound of that 7950, but I have a hatred of AMD.......Hmmmmmm.............
                    I'm running this, no problems really. Game plays really smooth on ultra settings. For even higher FPS I suppose I could lower the quality down to high, but 35-45 ish fps seems ok to me. Running catalyst 13.9 drivers.

Comment

Nice we should start a club. I also run a 7950 :-)
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow - price dropped even further:
                        PowerColor AX7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 - $159.99 after $30.00 MIR

Comment

WOW! Not the top of the line version of that card, but it's a really good value for anyone looking to upgrade on a budget.

MSI Radeon HD 7850 Video Card - 2GB $110AR

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X