Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timezones and How Much They Suck

I live on the West Coast..

From what I've seen, the vast majority of gamers, and TG'r's, live on the East Coast.

I'm planning on trying to catch the game tomorrow night, but I'm worried it will be dying or dead by the time I get there.

So... to that effect...

I'd like to form a list of people here (strictly for the purposes of playing the beta.. cuz come on... we all know a BF4 TG server will stay 60/64 24/7) that are on the West Coast or are on the East Coast and routinely stay up late.

The starting time for tomorrow night's game is 9 PM EST. That is 6 PM for me, which is too early. My kids go to bed at 8 PM MST or 11 PM EST. I'd like to organize a group of West Coasters, if there's enough of us, that maintain games after these lame East Coasters are headed to bed. :P

Or at least have a list of names I can reach out to to find a squad buddy when no one else is around.

My origin name, as posted in the thread specified for it, is |YerMom| if you find yourself in the same situation as me. And, again, I'm in the Mountain Time Zone.

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: Timezones and How Much They Suck

I'm in San Diego, so I feel your pain. It's usually 8:00 PST before I can get online on a weekday. Add me you the list and I'll keep my eyes open for you.
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Awesome. I'll add you tonight when I get on (around 8 our time) and maybe we can squad up.

Thanks. :)

Mom
      Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

Forever Perplexed

Comment

I'm in CA. Send me a friend invite if we aren't already.
        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
        "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
        - Check me out on The Onion
        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

SoCal here also.

OriginaID: Pvt_Brokeback

Comment

All three have been sent. Looks like we've just about got a squad. :)

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

West coast player myself. Normally play on Seattle servers or Denver servers. Testing out a VPN right now to see how my gameplay is to different west coast servers. Origin ID = QuantumQrack

Comment

Can we do the same thing for EU-players too, maybe?^^ Timezones suck even more with a difference of 5 - 7 hours... :P

Comment

Originally posted by Evilhardt View Post
                  Can we do the same thing for EU-players too, maybe?^^ Timezones suck even more with a difference of 5 - 7 hours... :P
                  This time around letīs make make sure the TG server is full on euro-hours. Sent you a request on battlelog, Evilhardt.
                  sigpic

Comment

I play with a EU guy on Path of Exile... I believe it's around 1 AM there when I play at 8 PM here.

I think it would probably be better for you EU guys to match what times we play, unfortunately. I only have X hours of the day to play, and I'm sure the same is true for lots of people.. but I get up at like 6 AM with my kids (if I'm lucky), and I certainly can't be staying up to 4 AM playing BF lol.

So, let's do this. For those of you who post in this thread from here on out, post the times you play related to US time. Please continue to post your Origin ID for those of us on the West Coast, but throw in the times you'll likely be on for the guys in the EU. Hopefully it'll help you EU guys know when this group will be playing, so at the very least you'll have something to plan around as opposed to just hoping there are people playing when you are.

So for me... my Origin ID is |YerMom| and I play from around 1 PM MST till around 4 PM MST and then again at about 8 PM MST till around 1 AM MST.

Thanks for the effort guys. :)

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

I suggest using EST as a standard since most will probably know best how that relates to them.
                      |TG|Melee
                      Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...