Map packs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map packs.

How is Tactical Gamer planning on handling the impending playerbase segregation upon the pay-to-play map packs being released?

Re: Map packs.

[admin hat off] This is personal opinion.

If Battlefield 3 was any indication, it is very likely that DLC maps will be supported to varying degrees.

For example, the Back to Karkand, Aftermath, and End Game maps for BF3 were of the right size such that they could be dropped right into any pre-existing Conquest or Mixed Mode list. In contrast, Close Quarters was really only useful for seeding/low player counts and thus saw less play on our servers.

Considering as China Rising is a pre-order bonus, barring any crazy map imbalances or problems I expect we will support those maps anyway. Also considering as most of the BF3 community had purchased premium we had no problem supporting DLC content, so if the same trend stands for BF4 then I expect we will be running DLC maps.

Again, personal opinion, not official.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I think I can answer this to some extent without committing ourselves too far in advance. Additional content is additional content. It keeps the game fresh and interesting. Now business model arguments aside I personally feel that a lot of people who are really interested in BF4 will want the arguably complete experience. As of this time we have made no firm decisions regarding the DLC, largely due to the fact that we haven't much info on it at this time. However as Lancer mentions, the first DLC is a preorder bonus for many. So I can see a strong case for including that in the server rotation. I also see a case for including further DLC in the rotation if it is the right kind of content and perhaps a little less 'novelty' like some of the BF3 DLC, ie close quarters etc. That's not really what we are looking for.

So, here's what I am going to do. We haven't thrashed this out in the Admin Team as yet, though of course it is certainly on my mind and no doubt that of the Admins. I'll start that discussion proper and we will take it from there. We will also likely gauge the opinion of the playerbase at some point in the near future, however I need to be clear that when we do it won't be the determining factor in any decision made, merely a contributing one.

Thanks for the question.

Comment

If Bf3 is any indication...... I knew 2-3 people that didn't buy every single expansion. I'm not sure how that's considered "segregating our members"

And if memory serves me right there was an identical post in the bf3 forum before it's release. In reality it does not segregate the community for 1 simple reason...... If you bought the base pack and play it your going to buy the expansions and play it.
        If you buy the base game and don't care for it than more than likely you aren't going to be around for the expansions anyways.
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Sounds like the BF4 Admins are on track to a well-balanced decision on this issue.
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X