BF4 Filmmakers thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF4 Filmmakers thread

Ok guys and gals, this thread is for discussion of video making in BF4. Use it to discuss any and all aspects of recording BF4, video and filmmaking tips and techniques, arrange recording sessions etc. As the forums become more organised we may create sub forums etc.

Re: BF4 Filmmakers thread

Now that I run fairly smooth I'll try to record again
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

A few things I noticed while trying out spectator mode.

-Spectator mode has it's own voip with others that are also spectating, it can be useful to disable voip in settings temporarily to avoid bonus commentary.
      -Make sure 'hint system' is off in options as that will try to give you hints while spectating.

Spectator mode has it's own tab in the key bindings, there you can see the different options and rebind them if necessary.

Default is V to hide hud visibility. Very useful. Although it seemed to me the 'last man in squad' alert in first and third was still there.

Default is C to bring up display options, where you can selectively turn on and off hud elements.
      'View options' also allows you on turn squad lists as that seems turned off by default.
      The squad list allows you to cycle through players faster, but you still must select a player within the squad.

Free Cam:
      Free cam will not pass through glass, it can go anywhere a player can go.
      Page up and down for cam speed is useful as a chase cam so you do not overshoot what you are tracking.
      Out of bounds is still enforced; if for some reason you do not go out in time it will reset your free cam to the default position.

Comment

Sigh ...... Still can't record. Fps drops to nothing
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Thanks Squinty - didn't realize all those hud options existed. Also explains why I was hearing some occasional voip every now and then.
          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Ven describe your recording set up, i.e. are you recording to a seperate drive. I know you posted this somewhere else but help an old man out and we'll see if there is a way to sort you out. You should see an FPS drop using FRAPS but not that drastic, unless it's recording to the same drive.

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
              Thanks Squinty - didn't realize all those hud options existed. Also explains why I was hearing some occasional voip every now and then.
              Yup, my first attempt at recording some of you in game from the 'eye in the sky' was somewhat ruined by a very heated debate in Spanish lol!

Comment

Very interesting. I took a look at the spectator mode -- would like to video a few examples of TG squads in action to capture command, communication, and teamwork styles. Much potential here.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                  Ven describe your recording set up, i.e. are you recording to a seperate drive. I know you posted this somewhere else but help an old man out and we'll see if there is a way to sort you out. You should see an FPS drop using FRAPS but not that drastic, unless it's recording to the same drive.
                  Running off an ssd and recording to a 7200 rpm platter drive. I can record bf3 at 75fps so I'm assuming the beta being unoptimized and running afterburner is just maxing out my CPU

Comment

Disregard lol, I can't read.

Comment

MSI afterburner doesn't support/work well with the bf4 64bit executable. Try Open Broadcaster.
                      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Indeed Ven you need a different program. After a little screwing around I got a really great setup going with OBS.

Find it here:

http://obsproject.com/

You need to go into settings and look through them to set everything up when you first load it. The best part about it to me and I know this doesn't help you Ven is that is utilizes intel quicksync hardware encoding. Which means the hit from recording on the CPU is much less severe.
                        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                          Indeed Ven you need a different program. After a little screwing around I got a really great setup going with OBS.

Find it here:

http://obsproject.com/

You need to go into settings and look through them to set everything up when you first load it. The best part about it to me and I know this doesn't help you Ven is that is utilizes intel quicksync hardware encoding. Which means the hit from recording on the CPU is much less severe.
                          I'll give it a try. Thx guys

Comment

I was using this last night for a couple of rounds. I have only used fraps thus far for the beta. There was less of a performance hit using OBS, quality was better with Fraps, I need to play with the settings though. I liked OBS interface better.

Would be fun if we can get a few of us recording a round together from spectator mode and put the feeds together.
                            sigpic

Comment

Fraps is a resource hog and outdated these days - no one should use it anymore.
                              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X