Is it me or is some damage hosed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me or is some damage hosed?

50 cal should not take more than 1 shot anywhere to take someone out (I would even accept 2 shots). Tank shell landing at your feet or the wall right behind you should be a really bad day. I dunno, maybe they are kinetic and I have to use some unlock I have not paid attention to.
    sigpic

Re: Is it me or is some damage hosed?

The tank rounds available at the moment are AP(kinetic or shaped charge as you said) so it makes a bit of sense that they do not do much splash. The HE rounds are not available in the beta so far for the tank. They are on the apc though, so take the effectiveness of the apc rounds against infantry and extrapolate it into a 120mm round. Of course by the time we can try it out the damage models may very well be changed. The .50mgs do seem quite weak especially against light vehicles where they should be most effective. Once again though I expect at least a slight change in the actual release to most of the weapons plus we have been playing regular mode. They have to keep that above the damage floor of not fun so that they can drop it for whatever the more realistic damage mode is called.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I think they reeeeealy nerfed the shotgun, it takes me bout 3 to 5 rounds, close range, to take someone out with it. Meanwhile somebody one-shots me with a pistol, even though I've surprised them from behind with it. How does that make sense?

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
      [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
      [support]

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchnSniff0 View Post
        I think they reeeeealy nerfed the shotgun, it takes me bout 3 to 5 rounds, close range, to take someone out with it. Meanwhile somebody one-shots me with a pistol, even though I've surprised them from behind with it. How does that make sense?
        Are you hip firing or aiming down sights? I've been nailing one and two shot kills with the MASS and 870 when aiming down sights, but if I hipfire the spread is either too wide or goes off in an unpredictable direction.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Yeah the vehicles seem a little nerfed. Transport miniguns seem to take ten hits to kill, the .50 cal MGs on tanks, APCs, MRAPs, mounted, etc. just seem to be useless. Less powerful and accurate then an Assault Rifle. Hell, even the attack choppers cannon seems to take quite a few hits to down infantry in the open.

I assume some of this is regular mode/lack of unlocks but I still think DICE maybe nerfed the vehicles too much, which seems to fit their cycle. Bf2 had god like vehicles, BC2 had pathetic ones, Bf3 had quite strong overall, and maybe now BF4 is going to have them more weak.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
            Are you hip firing or aiming down sights? I've been nailing one and two shot kills with the MASS and 870 when aiming down sights, but if I hipfire the spread is either too wide or goes off in an unpredictable direction.
            My experience exactly...

Comment

Aiming down the sights of course. lol. Maybe I just suck, I don't know.

What about attachments, does that duckbill help at all?

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
              [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
              [support]

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchnSniff0 View Post
                Aiming down the sights of course. lol. Maybe I just suck, I don't know.

What about attachments, does that duckbill help at all?
                The duckbill is kind of weird. It works fine with buckshot, spreading the pellets out more horizontally in an ellipse rather than in a circle. It doesn't really seem to affect the weapon's overall effectiveness unless you want to milk some extra range out of it.

I love the duckbill with slug ammo though. Instead of the slug going off towards the edge of the circle crosshair, it tends to deviate within the duckbills ellipse (understandably), in my opinion raising its accuracy as long as you are on target. It may still go left or right of your point of aim, but it fells like it won't rise or fall like it would without the duckbill in place.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I too feel the damage is a bit off. For me running with the DMR's and the long range rifles, even head shots dont drop them on the first hit sometimes. More times than not I have to dump 3-5 rounds head or chest to drop a target. I know most are against the one hit kill for snipers, but I feel the damage should be bumped up a smidge.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I hope the damage rates are not like the giant nerfing that happened in COD when MW3 came out...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                      I too feel the damage is a bit off. For me running with the DMR's and the long range rifles, even head shots dont drop them on the first hit sometimes. More times than not I have to dump 3-5 rounds head or chest to drop a target. I know most are against the one hit kill for snipers, but I feel the damage should be bumped up a smidge.
                      DMR damage feels balanced. Certainly not good, especially not good compared to the semi-auto snipers of BF3. But they feel fair, right up until you bring their flaky and unreliable cone of fire / deviation into the mix. The first shot is right on target. But if you're in a situation where you have to fire in quick succession at something, the second or third bullet leaves the barrel and just goes "Naw, screw you man, I'm a go do my own thing" and walks off in some random direction in search of female bullets and assorted good times.

Meanwhile you end up eating a mag of MX4 or AK5c to the face because half of a Mk11 magazine walked off the job.

DMRs would be good if they could still do one-shot kill headshots. They would be good if their deviation went to crap after the third or fourth rapid fire shot instead of the second, they already kick enough for this to be fair anyway. They'd be overpowered if they had both of those. Right now they have neither and they feel like a weapon platform for a set of very rare circumstances.

On a tangent, this is why I cringe whenever I see a recon with a DMR in beta. They can't get one shot kills because they don't have a bolt action. They can't reliably win at close quarters because of the DMRs abysmal rapid fire deviation. It's quite literally choosing to be mediocre at two things instead of choosing to be awesome at one.

Comment

I know what you're saying about the dmr's Lancer however in beta at least I think the dmr platform can work if it's viewed differently to the 'traditional' BF Recon roles which broadly seem to be long gun or aggressive recon.

If the dmr is used in a support capacity it can fill a gap in the market between assault and the long gun sniper. Firstly it allows for extremely rapid, high impact of medium to long range targets. Far more so then a long gun due to the semi auto nature and mag capacity. Secondly on the short side of medium engagements you can either roll with the Acog or use canted iron sights to pretty decent effect.

I think, for me at least, what has been key is to understand that you are there to facillitate the movement of your squad and its more mobile assault style classes from an intermediate position.

For example, your squad is pushing the now flattened charlie flag from let's say delta. You can either assume a standoff position on delta and begin marking and engaging or advance part way with your squad then drop a knee and become an anchor point. From this 'off the shoulder of the squad' position you can rapidly engage multiple targets. Now the nature of the undulating, rubble strewn terrain on Charlie means you're likely to get a lot of fleeting targets. So 20 in the mag and 1 in the chamber gives you the ability to put a lot of hurt out, killing and severely wounding a lot of targets. Its also extremely effective as a counter sniper weapon. I've had a lot of luck putting two rounds down range and killing snipers before their round impacts anywhere near me. A heavy barrel, whilst increasing recoil does seem to increase bullet velocity considerably. Plus the increase in recoil can be mitigated to some degree with the angled foregrip.

I also think its important to consider the value of wounding/near killing multiple targets on an objective as part of supporting an assault. I've picked up a lot of assists on top of kills by ensuring every target on the objective gets some attention, you know kill what you can but spread the lead love around. That way the assault force is confronted with an entrenched opponent who is somewhat suppressed, has a few dead and possibly some who are healing. All of which facilities prosecuting the assault and clearing the objective.

I personally feel the DMR can fill that type of role very well. Plus the MK11 sounds beautiful when you fire it lol.:-)

Comment

Plus damage wise at medium and long range I'm finding two chest hits are doing the job usually sometimes one if they've been wounded, very rarely three if one of the hits is marginal.

Re weapon platform distinction and balance. I personally would love to see the following:-

- Slower bolt cycle and massive movement penalties for the bolt action guns balanced by increased bullet velocity and more realistic trajectory. I really dislike the wub wub sidestep CQB sniper, its an abomination lol and a horribly unrealistic exploitation of the weapon characteristics.

- Decreased cone of fire and deviation for the dmr's or at least a more predictable optimum rate of fire so you can pace your shots. Sometimes I seem to be able to get in a groove with it and get consistent solid hits by maintaining a reasonable rof. Other times I get 2 super quick headshots followed by an engagement where after my first shot I get the fliers you mention. I've yet to consistently nail the proper rof vs cone of fire/deviation.

It will be very interesting to see how the full range of optics and attachments affect this admittedly niche platform.
                          Last edited by Wicks; 10-14-2013, 07:35 AM.

Comment

The Coax on the MBT's is just silly... takes a good 3-4 seconds of "hit-marker" being lit up to kill someone. That's gotta be 10+ rounds :D

Comment

Agreed, one minute I get a lucky first round headshot the next I'm having to hammer the guy with C4 charging at me to no apparent affect lol.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X