Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on ranked unranked and official server settings

http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.p...ed-by-Darklord

DICE CONFIRMED THERE IS NO 'CLASSIC' PRESET FOR THOSE OF YOU STILL CONFUSED. If you look at the title, I said 'Classic preset settings'. We will not directly be able to filter for a preset with all these things already enabled/disabled by default, however the options that we would've liked to have seen in a classic preset are made available to us whilst still keeping the server ranked. I see little to no difference in this, provided the way we can search for certain filters in Battlefield 4 remains the same in Battlefield 3. Just tick and cross a few boxes and hey presto, we've basically got classic mode.

So what is in Ranked mode?
    Ranked mode provides stat tracked, ranked gameplay with changes to the 'core' game. This is so that when people use the auto search feature, they aren't dropped into a match they wouldn't be comfortable in. The people looking for ranked games, would know full well what they're searching for.
    What makes this so great however, is how much we can customize whilst keeping the game ranked.

The following, which we've been asking for in a 'classic' preset are available in ranked mode, whilst keeping stat tracking and ranking available;

3d spotting on/off - Turning it off immediately makes the server label 'hardcore'
    magazine pool as opposed to ammo pool
    health regen on/off - DarkLord wasn't sure whether this also included vehicles.
    Squad leader spawning only on/off
    Change the ticket bleed rate - Please make it like Bad Company 1, where if you had all flags capped, it was a known loss.
    So that looks amazing. No 3d spotting, magazine-based ammo, squad-spawning, full health (I stand by the damage model being pretty good right now), and health regen being off. If people like 3d spotting (some do, I'm kind of one of them, though i'd like to see it squad-only) we can keep that on and keep everything else. It sounds like they fixed all my issues with hardcore, basically.
    I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Re: Info on ranked unranked and official server settings

Have we not always gone without 3d spotting here at TG when the option was available. I cannot recall precisely.
    sigpic

Comment

I wonder why turning off 3d spotting makes it hardcore, health is not changed and neither is regen....that's very interesting.

I surely hope we can change amount of player health
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

3D spotting is a nasty wallhack. You can shoot and kill an enemy that you never actually saw by aiming at the 3D spotting marker. I fail to see any scenario in which that is conducive to the way TG plays...

IMO, the damage model in the beta was spot on. I did not feel like it was too hard to take down a contact. The weapons felt well balanced in terms of time to kill. I think it premature to conclude that we need to tweak the player health/damage model...

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
          IMO, the damage model in the beta was spot on. I did not feel like it was too hard to take down a contact. The weapons felt well balanced in terms of time to kill. I think it premature to conclude that we need to tweak the player health/damage model...
          I do agree the model was really good, but it's still nice to be able to fool around with it anyways just to see what it's like :)
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
            I do agree the model was really good, but it's still nice to be able to fool around with it anyways just to see what it's like :)
            True true...

Hopefully DICE have properly balanced the guns we've not yet seen. After the launch, if we find that every assault is running with the equivalent of M16/silencer/foregrip from BF3, being able to tweak the player health may be a very handy setting indeed... Then again, lowering the player health made armor way overpowered in BF3... We will just have to wait and see.

In any case, you are right, the more settings we can tweak, the better off we are.

Comment

I think BF3s attachments are a case of lessons learned for DICE. Attachments in BF4 beta felt like they performed exactly as intended and according to their text.

I wholly agree on the damage model of the beta, and I'm confident that with DICEs claims of better server customization I think we'll have no trouble finding a settings set that just works.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

One of the nice things about hardcore in BF3 was making more weapons and playstyles viable. I also like the general feel the lower health gives, I really hate seeing guys sprinting across huge stretches of open ground while four bullets hit them, leaving them with 20% health. I actually thought armor was a little weak in the BF4 beta, the MGs seem to be very inaccurate and a little weak, and the engi kit was very powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                  I really hate seeing guys sprinting across huge stretches of open ground while four bullets hit them, leaving them with 20% health. I actually thought armor was a little weak in the BF4 beta, the MGs seem to be very inaccurate and a little weak, and the engi kit was very powerful.
                  yup, yup, agreed, and yup. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                    One of the nice things about hardcore in BF3 was making more weapons and playstyles viable. I also like the general feel the lower health gives, I really hate seeing guys sprinting across huge stretches of open ground while four bullets hit them, leaving them with 20% health. I actually thought armor was a little weak in the BF4 beta, the MGs seem to be very inaccurate and a little weak, and the engi kit was very powerful.
                    Fortunately, the engineer kit will be slightly nerfed. RPGs and SMAWs will not lock on to PLDs. The highest-damage At round that will do so will be SRAWs and TOWs, and the Starstreak pickup weapon. (source: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_...eapons_in_bf4/ )

I also disagree that it makes more weapons and playstyles viable. It severely limits any kind of dynamic motion and heavily favors more static defense. Longer range combat is necessarily favored, and I think we'll find that reducing player health turns the XM25 from a powerful tool to a completely overpowered squad-wiping deathcannon. It might help the playstyles you favor, but adding functionality to bolt-action rifles in CQC because they one-shot at massive ranges isn't something I particularly like, and I also don't like banning playstyles more than we have to.

3d spotting can be gone without any complaints on my part, I just spent most of my time in BF3 playing on normal servers because I hated the already incredibly strong BF3 armor getting a massive boost in effective damage. I also enjoyed the dynamic it featured in squad-based combat in 2142, which is why I said if there was squad-based 3d spotting only, it could be interesting. I think the way 3d spotting currently manifested in BF4 was too strong, though I also remember it being that effective in the BF3 beta and they turned it down quite a bit.
                    I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Warfare should favour defense. Attack is costly, requires significantly greater resources, and if the past 40 years has anything to teach us, is often unsuccessful. I like Britt's point that seeing someone run across a vast swath of open ground, hit numerous times, and survive is silly. Not sure if this is what you mean by "dynamic movement" but movement should be very high risk in the game of war.

3D spotting must, and almost certainly will, be turned off on the TG server -- it eliminates any tactical use of cover and strategies that rely on concealment (recon balls and other nonsense not withstanding).

Force players to value their lives more. Any Admin decisions that move in that direction are the right decisions.
                      Last edited by E-Male; 10-16-2013, 01:43 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hopefully we will be able to heavily alter the tank/chopper/MRAP/jet/vehicle spawn times. In my mind, vehicles are valuable, expensive and powerful assets that should be used with care and at critical junctures.

Armor should be powerful, but they should not be throwaway assets. Teams should avoid losing those assets and not be able to get them back rapidly considering how difficult they can be to take out.

Opinion.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
                          Hopefully we will be able to heavily alter the tank/chopper/MRAP/jet/vehicle spawn times. In my mind, vehicles are valuable, expensive and powerful assets that should be used with care and at critical junctures.

Armor should be powerful, but they should not be throwaway assets. Teams should avoid losing those assets and not be able to get them back rapidly considering how difficult they can be to take out.

Opinion.
                          Agreed. If I was the God-Of-All-Gaming vehicles would never respawn. But as it is, I am merely the master of hiding behind rocks 'n things.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post

Opinion.
                            The downside of that approach is a lot fewer players get to play with the vehicles each round.

Comment

I would seriously like them to tweek revive times, and I am all for no health regen without a medical bag, would make assault class important again.

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X