Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Battlefield 4 at TacticalGamer

Battlefield 4 at TacticalGamer

Ladies and gentlemen I am sure you are all wondering what form Battlefield 4 will take at TG and how this Community will move forward into this exciting new title.

Our server and its configuration has been designed from the ground up with this Community in mind. We aim to build a Battlefield 4 experience that is uniquely TG and ruthlessly targeted at our core audience. We are doing this as we believe it is the right thing to do for this Community, it is what our core audience wants, and because we want to create something with longevity that is solely focused on the gameplay, tactics and teamwork.

TacticalGamer will be running one server from launch day, it will be Unranked with all equipment and unlocks available.

We believe that people come to TG because they have a desire to focus on the gameplay, to play games in a realistic manner in a near simulation environment. That is why we are here. The unlock mechanic is a tool to keep people playing when their interest might otherwise wane, perhaps because they are playing random servers with little teamwork. Luckily we don't have that problem here, therefore we don't need that 'piece of cheese on a string'.

In fact, we think people would have a much better time if they had access to all the equipment and gear from day one. We believe that, in a Community like ours, giving people options from the start opens up tactical choices for everyone and keeps the focus on the core aspects we are interested in: teamwork, tactics and strategy.

Ultimately, to achieve that we need to go unranked. Now, some of you may have concerns about browser visibility and population etc. Please put those concerns aside for now. The goal is to build something 'we like', that is appropriate for this Community, something our members enjoy.

Once we've done that, the promotion of that environment can really kick into high gear. You will see a substantial and consistent push from the TG BF4 Admin Team to promote our server and Community both here and externally. We will be reaching out through various means to attract like minded gamers. We'd also like your help in this department but more on that later.

Server settings

As information just starts to trickle in re settings and customization, we are getting to grips with the possibilities. The Admin Team is watching the discussions on the forums, we are having our own discussions and gathering as much information as we can externally. Rest assured the settings we launch with will be based on an awful lot of feedback we are seeing on the forums, information we gather externally and of course the combined experience of the Admin Team.

What we can say for now is the following settings will be enabled

* Friendly fire on.
    * SL only spawns.
    * 3D spotting off.
    * We will increase the time between rounds to allow for coordination between squads.
    * As for the other settings, we will need to see how the game plays out.

As we go through launch we will be tweaking settings here and there and seeking feedback from you the playerbase as to the impact of those changes as they are made. Our intention is to post a changelog of said changes as much as possible. Throughout that process we ask that you remain patient, enjoy the journey and provide good, honest, unbiased and factual feedback. The quality of that feedback will directly impact on the quality of the environment both on the server and the forums, so help us out there.

Lastly, I'd like to introduce you to your BF4 Admin Team

Game Officer: Wicks

Admins:

Al Lunn
    Bear61
    Bleedingknee
    CapucinoBob
    Daddyof Three
    E_Leader
    FBMantis
    FYAH29
    general_alvin
    hil3illy
    Iamthefallen
    Melee
    Namebot
    Skud
    Tempus
    TheLancerMancer
    Ven
    WhiskeySix
    Zhohar
    Zippy

We, the Admin Team, are all extremely excited to be here at the start of a new era of Battlefield at TG and can't wait for the 29th of October to begin the journey with you. See you on the battlefield.

Re: Battlefield 4 at TacticalGamer

A sound approach!
    Last edited by Wicks; 10-18-2013, 04:25 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to me!

Nice work!
      |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

TG is my #1 go-to place for games like BF, it has been since BF1942 but I have serious concerns about the server being un-ranked. I hope it does great and everyone has a super good time but I will admit it is going to be a bit of a drag for me knowing that if I play anywhere else but the TG server I'm going to be basically playing at zero progress. No rewards, no silly medals, no unlocks, ranks, etc... I don't care about that stuff too much but I do care, that kind of "rpg-lite" progress in a game can be fun. I found myself actually enjoying it in the beta, and I've liked it in Planetside 2.

I'm just one member out of a ton so I'm not making too big of a fuss, just letting my one opinion be heard. I'll still play on the TG server no matter what but if it is unlocked I will probably play elsewhere more often than if it was ranked. And, if there is a population issue that will push me to other servers as well. I really hope it all works out great, I'll just have to see what happens.
        Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Grey Ops Batallion reporting for duty!

The 56th will be around for BF4. We loved the beta and look forward to the full release. If you need us we'll be over there napping or sipping Scotch and sharing war stories over cigars or maybe flying a kite...we just haven't decided yet. Either way you know you can rely on our signature fun'n'gun attitude to keep things all light and fluffy. :icon16:

A big thanks to our GO and all the admins for getting things started right for TG in BF4. Kudos to you all for the time and hard work. Hopefully we (and I'm only speaking for my guys and gal here) won't be too much of a pain in your neck.

See y'all on the Battlefield!

We may even be lookng to do some recruiting but don't tell anyone. It's a secret.

Comment

I'm so looking forward to a quality TG experience playing Battlefield and it looks as though Wicks and his band of merry men have our best interests in mind.

The 10th will be calling the BF4 server home for the foreseeable future, and we look forward to many great times with all of you!

Video evidence of Wicks as a Merry Man

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by AstroCat View Post
              TG is my #1 go-to place for games like BF, it has been since BF1942 but I have serious concerns about the server being un-ranked. I hope it does great and everyone has a super good time but I will admit it is going to be a bit of a drag for me knowing that if I play anywhere else but the TG server I'm going to be basically playing at zero progress. No rewards, no silly medals, no unlocks, ranks, etc... I don't care about that stuff too much but I do care, that kind of "rpg-lite" progress in a game can be fun. I found myself actually enjoying it in the beta, and I've liked it in Planetside 2.

I'm just one member out of a ton so I'm not making too big of a fuss, just letting my one opinion be heard. I'll still play on the TG server no matter what but if it is unlocked I will probably play elsewhere more often than if it was ranked. And, if there is a population issue that will push me to other servers as well. I really hope it all works out great, I'll just have to see what happens.
              Two members, at least. You said it pretty nicely. I do hope that concerns about the server's population viability are wrong, but if not, I'd be very hopeful that that decision is reviewed and possibly changed.

That said, I'm excited to play Battlefield 4 the way it was meant to be played: With a ton of great people and live comms.
              I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Glad to see the BF4 community is getting off to a strong start! I certainly hope for the best for our server and the community that comes to populate it.

As is customary in times like these, to the players, I say: GLHF and let's show the rest of the intertubes, yet again, how TG does business.

To the admin staff, I say: you guys are the best. may god have mercy on your souls.

Comment

I will be visiting the server ! :)

ps how many slots is the server ?

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
                    I will be visiting the server ! :)

ps how many slots is the server ?
                    :D

Current thinking is 68 slots total: 64 Players, 2 Commanders, 2 Spectators

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                      :D

Current thinking is 68 slots total: 64 Players, 2 Commanders, 2 Spectators
                      The B-I-G TG server experience, its what we are all looking forward too :)

Comment

Good to hear you will have a server once again!
                        sigpic

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
                        "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Originally posted by Razcsak View Post
                          Two members, at least. You said it pretty nicely. I do hope that concerns about the server's population viability are wrong, but if not, I'd be very hopeful that that decision is reviewed and possibly changed.

That said, I'm excited to play Battlefield 4 the way it was meant to be played: With a ton of great people and live comms.
                          I can see it from both sides of the spectrum. I can see that it does take away from teamwork when people are trying to do silly things to get unlocks instead of bringing their best. And that is terribly annoying. However, I do kind of like unlocks because they force me to try different things. Otherwise I tend to get myself into a rut with a favorite weapon when there could be a better weapon that I just haven't forced myself to try yet. It is also kind of neat to be able to see my progress and how I compare with others.

Personally, I will probably be dividing myself between the TG server and unlocking weapons on regular servers. This will probably be a TG heavy ratio, but I want me some unlocks!

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
                          [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
                          [support]

Comment

Will there be a special queue for special people?

Also, can we put on a time limit for the Oblivion game mode? That could be rather long!

Comment

Thumbs up from me!

When you take the attraction of personal achievements and unlock grinds out of the mechanic, great teamplay is often fostered as you are now playing only for your sides victory and on a relatively even playing field.

TacticalGamer has always said it caters for a specific type of playerbase, this approach and these server settings are a statement to that fact.

We are TG, we are different, we don't need to provide another server for the masses, our admins are going to try and create a server to suit the way our community likes to game. This is great news.

I'm confident that with the right kind of promotion, the right kind of players will find our server.

Bravo!
                              It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                              - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X