Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old dogs still alive behind the barn. I call upon you !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old dogs still alive behind the barn. I call upon you !

Reading most of the names in this forum feels like time stopped completely. So I figured I would make this selfish post to greet them all.

Has it been 4 years already since I stopped visiting TG for Battlefield? Maybe BF4 has it in it to fill the hole in my life that is coordinated squad teamwork.

As I completely skipped on BF3 I can only present you trips down the 2142 memory lane and rise my glas to a revival of old times.

- The moment you zapped the left leg of your Squadleader just to have 4 Squadmates spawn in and get that backflag.
    - Otus drones sniffing out hiding players who were then wondering why a barrage of rockets would massage their backs.
    - Doom Transports on Sidi. Whole squads with SAWWs trying to force it away into hiding. Loud cheers could be heard when it was finally brought down.
    - Wild Buggy chases on Suez trying to break through. Tankshells left and right.
    - Infesting a building in the middle of Belgrad with your squad and defending the 3 staircases mercilessly. APMs and RDX everywhere. Flying bodies. APC shells hammering the balcony.
    - Commanders carefully planning out clashes at the statue of Belgrad. "Spawn in, rush to statue, secure Walker, Tank and APC give cover fire. I will try to stall their vehicles with my EMP strike."
    - The Alamo that Cerbere Landing became when the defenders were pushed back to their last flag on the hill. Revive ogry for dozens of minutes.
    - Camp Gibraltar's violent infantry standoffs. That finally evolved into the strategical orders of COs of "Do not take he first flag!".
    - Vehicles being afraid of coordinated Infantry Squads that would EMP lock them in place.
    - "Well known" Squadleaders trying to breach the insanity of Berlin, only to get greeted by a maze of APMs and Sentries on their common routes.
    - 2142 Teamspeak being filled to the brim. Some Saturday night said to have the server filled to the max with supporting Members.
    - Working VOIP for Squads and Commanders. Being commanders and chanting at my Squadleaders to circle the love of revives.

I leave you with these for now and maybe see you in BF4 !

Lyra
    Last edited by Lyramion; 10-21-2013, 09:57 AM.

Re: Old dogs still alive behind the barn. I call upon you !

We <3 u Lyra!

Good to hear you may be making a return for BF4. You know you're always welcome to squad up with the 56th. It was so much fun following you and Reaper around in 2142. You two definitely made me run through a few sets of batteries for the 'ole defib. :icon16:

Comment

Some good old memories there on 2142!

Hope to see you in BF4.
      sigpic

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
      "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Old dogs?

Where is Arf?

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Ahhhh memories,

"Squad attack Tollhouse!" Experiment626
          "Cookies?" Argetnar
          "Yes bring your cookies too!" Experiment626

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

come on fella's join the group...you know if you didn't in 2142 you need to now...

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/groups/pony-lovers.html

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/groups/...y-who-not.html

;)
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Hello old friend!

Comment

AHROOOOOO WOO WOOO ahhhhh

Comment

Lyra! :D Good to see you on!

Definitely some great memories there--add in TRALALA squads and the trip down memory lane just gets better... ;)

Comment

Took me FOREVER to find this.

At first I was afraid!!!

Now, I haven't been able to find the video of the tank being flipped onto the flag by a mine.. Can't even remember the name of the map, of the guy who got flipped. Oh I've never heard anyone being so upset before.
                    Anyone remember what site it was uploaded to? Or the thread it was in?
                    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Caught up real quick with Ari the other day, will try to make a resurgence while balancing my college studies. Can't wait.
                      |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

OMG HOW DID YOU FIND THAT?!? ROFL!

This what happens when you drink and play, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Arithea View Post
                          This what happens when you drink and play, folks.
                          Yes. What happens is get a place in the archives of AWESOME!

Comment

I have this sudden urge to strap on the Mk I Nikes and cloak up the side of the map...

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
                              Took me FOREVER to find this.

Now, I haven't been able to find the video of the tank being flipped onto the flag by a mine.. Can't even remember the name of the map, of the guy who got flipped. Oh I've never heard anyone being so upset before.
                              Anyone remember what site it was uploaded to? Or the thread it was in?
                              Try Silver, I know he has a crap load of archives.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X