Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning! For those upgrading to a new MoBoard!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning! For those upgrading to a new MoBoard!

Some of them dont have dang IDE ribbon cables anymore! Lucky for old Gunney I had a Sata II CD drive. Dang, now what am I going to do with Drives A and B?

By the way, this post needs to be in a new Technical Help Section for Battlefield 4!

Also need a section on installing TeamSpeak for the new comers (and old farts that forgot how!)

Re: Warning! For those upgrading to a new MoBoard!

I feel your pain....When I bought my rig a couple years back I was lucky to still get a ribbon cable on a good board....too bad Win7 hates real floppy drives XD
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Gunney, I hate to tell you, but that happened a few years ago. ;) My last build from 2011 didn't have IDE cables, and it surprised the crap out of me.

Comment

This is turning out to be a crappy build! My SoundBlaster card does not show up! Gonna have to enable the onboard sound ports to get sound. And seems that system is real slow to come up. The Mother board is a ASUS M5A78L-M LX plus series.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
          This is turning out to be a crappy build! My SoundBlaster card does not show up! Gonna have to enable the onboard sound ports to get sound. And seems that system is real slow to come up. The Mother board is a ASUS M5A78L-M LX plus series.
          hmmmm....

did you install its drivers?
          and it wouldn't be the Mobo creating the slow start up, most likely the hard drive, but it is a sata II drive, what is the RPM rating?
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Hmmm, and my new ASUS M5A99X Mobo does not like the ASUS Xonar DS 7.1 soundcard. But the soundcard does not have drivers truly supporting Windows7 . . . even though they say they are for W7, there are many posts about conflicts. After 3 days of installing W7, drivers, along with the Adobe Master Collection... I gave up installing the soundcard until they get it sorted out. Each time I installed the soundcard drivers, everything else was borked, I mean everything.. could not even uninstall anything.. all links were dead.. meaning a fresh W7 install, fun times, not
            theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
            E Pluribus Unum
            Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
            Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Dil, I had to uninstall the SoundBlaster, then reinstalled SoundBlaster, rebooted and it magicaly appeared! Yay! Now waiting for this three hour wait downloading BF3! Hope it gets PunkBuster right this time too! Then to see if my frame rate goes up due to a faster CPU and Memory.

Comment

sweet! what cpu?
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

AMD FX-4100 X4 3.6ghz. A little faster than my 3.2ghz. And came with 4gig of memory, DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666). Should improve BF4 some what and improve my GFX 560 Vid card. It was only able to run at 75% capacity. I'm thinking it was memory ram speed bottleneck.

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                    hmmmm....
                    did you install its drivers?
                    and it wouldn't be the Mobo creating the slow start up, most likely the hard drive, but it is a sata II drive, what is the RPM rating?
                    Gah! the hard drive I installed the operating system is SATA I only! Got another one I'll do that is a Sata II @ 80 gbits. Have to throw away a perfectly good 180 gig hard drive as it needs the ribbon cables. Anyone need it?

Comment

Onboard sound FTW. I have never owned a sound card.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                        AMD FX-4100 X4 3.6ghz. A little faster than my 3.2ghz. And came with 4gig of memory, DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666). Should improve BF4 some what and improve my GFX 560 Vid card. It was only able to run at 75% capacity. I'm thinking it was memory ram speed bottleneck.
                        oo that's nice :) the 560 will hold up, i have a 570m in my laptop and it does just fine on medium/low. And with driver updates, it'll do even better than in the beta (hopefully)

hahaha same undead! I just have a usb 5.1 headset from 3-4 years ago, never game me problems ever
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Every couple of years the technology changes. Right now it's USB, SATA and PCI. USB went to USB2 and USB3. SATA through 1.5, 3, and 6 Gbps.
                          In addition the hardware vendors usually have very limited software support. I have a bunch of old cards lying around where no software updates are available for Windows 7 let alone 8.

Comment

I just built a whole new machine...not exclusively for this game but the old one would never have run with so it was necessary.

New Machine.
                            Z87-Deluxe motherboard
                            i7-4770k CPU
                            GTX 770 GPU
                            16 Gb DDR3 2133
                            240 Gb SSD (Plus 500 gb secondary)
                            Proud to have been an Irregular!
                            |TG-56th| S.Kyle23

Comment

Ditto for me on the soundcard. I haven't run one in my last two builds. Too many issues with the Creative drivers made me give it up and I haven't looked back since.
                              sigpic
                              |TG-1st|Grunt
                              ARMA Admin (retired)
                              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed