X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Videos of commander mode/abilities from beta

Shows tomahawk + ammo crate + kit switching on ammo crate + squad reinforce
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRwlQR4mDX0

Tomahawk hit up close - nothing to mess around with! WARNING: Don't have volume all the way up + one language instance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKT-6jwBIA0

Commander in action - console
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBQFj3ydPT0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvMgo69Hog0

Random notes from memory:

- I like how they put the CO above the squad with a mic icon.
    - scans seem short but quick to go back out
    - minimap has notices about commander stuff in your area - scan up, etc
    - you get a major hud warning if cruise missile is inbound to your area
    - commander can see when enemy commander launches cruise missile and where it will hit?
    - emp scan = some type of vehicle jammer?
    - if so^ - I wonder if you could emp scan where the enemy commanders cruise missile will hit to stop it?
    - I saw a few verbal cues of a HVT being targeted - visual is probably in a video somewhere
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Videos of commander mode/abilities from beta

There seemed to be lots of umbrella destruction from the missile but the soldier was standing within 10-15 meters of where it went off and I don't think he took damage. That doesn't seem to be very powerful to me. I thought it would decimate the whole roof top.
    sigpic

Comment

I would say friendly fire was turned off. It was like that for the beta. but the second video shows friendlies killed with it, the first video shows the missile landing right beside the player and 0 damage????

Comment

Lol, yes the tomahawk blast seemed kinda wimpy. But I guess well placed missles will be some powerful stuff. Like Mantis asked, will EMP be able to stop those ?

|

Comment

I hope you can also warn friendlies of an incoming friendly missile. Would save some carnage of folks running into an opfor held point prior to a pre-attack strike.
          SPOOK...
          "Good tactics can save even the worst strategy. Bad tactics will destroy even the best strategy." - George S. Patton

Comment

At least there's voip, that will be the warning from the CO at the very least ;)

|

Comment

So I wonder who in tg will get the honor of being the first member killed by a falling crate......
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Videos of commander mode/abilities from beta

Originally posted by Warlab View Post
                Lol, yes the tomahawk blast seemed kinda wimpy. But I guess well placed missles will be some powerful stuff. Like Mantis asked, will EMP be able to stop those ?
                Last video states and shows an emp stopping the missile
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
                  I would say friendly fire was turned off. It was like that for the beta. but the second video shows friendlies killed with it, the first video shows the missile landing right beside the player and 0 damage????
                  Friendly damage would not happen in the first video, it was a friendly commander. In that second video, the commander is on the other team. I would also say that is does have a pretty big splash damage, as you can see in the second video, the soldier to the far right gets knocked back by the explosion, then dies.

In that one round that we had a commander during the beta, I was SL a squad defending/attacking A & B. The commander hit a tank and infantry with the tomahawk at the north end of the plaza on B. I didnt see it coming, but I did see it hit as the tank was moving back and forth, it was not a direct hit, but the tank blew up and bodies flew, but it could have already been damaged, even with the engies repairing it.

I also had the supply box land just inches in front of me between in the alley between A & B. I didnt try changing kits, but it gave me RPG rockets instantly, and was able to get many of them, as my squad was attacking A where the enemy had gotten the tank that spawns there.

I did notice that the UAV was almost constant on A then B.. From what I see in those videos, it looks like the commander can drop 2 UAV scans, but they have a bit of a cool down, but they can be used in succession one at a time to keep them going almost constantly. Of course I am probably wrong about that :)
                  theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                  E Pluribus Unum
                  Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed