Moving Your Battlefield Folder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Your Battlefield Folder

For those like me who have a SSD with BF3 on it and are looking to move it to another drive in order to have BF4 on their SSD here are a few steps. Origin doesn't make the overly easy... I was able to accomplish this by creating a Directory Junction Here are a few steps to accomplish this on windows 7

Shut down origin completely from your PC
    Move your Battlefield 3 folder to your new drive (Generally C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\)
    Make sure your original game folder is no longer in the origin game folder
    Open your CMD prompt as with as an Administrator
    Click Start type "cmd"
    Right click on the CMD application and choose run as administrator
    Type the following command into CMD prompt:
    mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3" "D:\Origin Games\Battlefield 3"
    The first directory is the location of the original battlefield folder (the actual folder should NOT exist in this directory)
    The second directory is the folder which you moved your game files to
    After this is complete restart origin, and you will have to re verify your game files

Hope this helps anyone who had my problem!

Re: Moving Your Battlefield Folder

Origin pretty easy, if you know where to go. Open Origin, under the Origin tab click on Application Settings, then open Advanced and the top entry is for Downloaded Games. I've got my set to E: which is my SSD drive.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
      Origin pretty easy, if you know where to go. Open Origin, under the Origin tab click on Application Settings, then open Advanced and the top entry is for Downloaded Games. I've got my set to E: which is my SSD drive.
      Mike posted a way of moving an existing BF3 installation to a different drive. That is different from Origin pretty easy...

Comment

I didn't see a way in the origin options to change the location of just one specific game. This way I can have BF3 on my backup drive which is slower, and BF4 on my main hard drive that is an SSD.

Comment

What's Bf3???.......

:)
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

BF3...uninstalled.
            |TG|Melee
            Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

I couldn't bring myself to uninstall it. I'm just a file hoarder :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X