BF4 on multiple monitors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF4 on multiple monitors?

How's BF4 work with multiple monitors? Battlelog allows you to keep a real-time map open on the second monitor - is that true?

Re: BF4 on multiple monitors?

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
    How's BF4 work with multiple monitors? Battlelog allows you to keep a real-time map open on the second monitor - is that true?
    This is true. You get an overview of the entire map with points, soldiers. Vehicles, health status of squad and the order your SL has given to you.

I am curious to see how the commander will affect this.

Comment

It sure is, when you connect to a server you will see a tab appear in the blue bar at the bottom called "battlescreen", minimize the game and click on the tab and it will display the live map in battlelog.

During beta some enemy tanks and friendly vehicles did not show sometimes, but that was the beta, hopefully it will be less buggy for the release version.

You can also log into battlelog on a laptop and use it on that.

Comment

Works just fine. I noticed a slight performance hit in the beta, but it doesn't seem very noticeable in the release version. (I run a 7970, so I'd assume it's about the same with a 7950).

Comment

Also works if you've got a 10 inch tablet too. Just load up Battlelog from there and once you connect, the same option will present itself.

Comment

@Whiskey - get a second monitor. Get a cheapo off of Craigslist or whatever. No matter what you use it for, you will love having it.

And yes, having the battescreen on the second monitor is great. (they did break it with the last patch, but it was working in beta and on release and I assume it will get fixed soon enough).

Comment

Wow thanks for the info guys!
              I just tried BATTLESCREEN and this is exactly the feature I've been wanting ever since way back to BF2 !! FINALLY, the LARGE MAP available LIVE during the game.

I tried it on my second monitor, and also on my iPAD. I have to say I really like the IPAD Battlescreen, because it is so easy to pinch-zoom on the screen to focus on areas of the map. This comes in handy during certain battles where you want to have a larger view than the mini-map, and yet not view the entire map. Also, putting the ipad just bellow the main monitor is easier on the neck during prolonged gameplay: it's easier on the neck to just quickly glance down at the ipad, than tilting your head to the left/right back and forth when the battlescreen is on a monitor.
              |TG|drjones666

Comment

Originally posted by DrJOnes666 View Post
                Wow thanks for the info guys!
                I just tried BATTLESCREEN and this is exactly the feature I've been wanting ever since way back to BF2 !! FINALLY, the LARGE MAP available LIVE during the game.

I tried it on my second monitor, and also on my iPAD. I have to say I really like the IPAD Battlescreen, because it is so easy to pinch-zoom on the screen to focus on areas of the map. This comes in handy during certain battles where you want to have a larger view than the mini-map, and yet not view the entire map. Also, putting the ipad just bellow the main monitor is easier on the neck during prolonged gameplay: it's easier on the neck to just quickly glance down at the ipad, than tilting your head to the left/right back and forth when the battlescreen is on a monitor.
                Yeah this exactly what I'm doing, works good so far. Although I wish you could use the colorblind colors on the iPad Battlescreen.
                Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I tried running it on a second monitor - I was surprised at the FPS hit, but then again, I'm CPU-limited.

Comment

So do you know how to get it working on a separate laptop, its suppose to do that also ?

Comment

Answered in another thread.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ml#post1806377

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post

Sounds like we could you a little merge magic.

Comment

Indeed. ;)

Comment

So is there an app for android tablets? Cuz I don't even see battlelog
                            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Here is some info on what is due in november.

Can you not just browse to battlelog on the tablet and log in that way?

http://bf4central.com/2013/10/battle...november-19th/

App?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bf3bl.bv&hl=en

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X