Identifying Friend / Foe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying Friend / Foe

Man... I'm having the worst time trying to figure out who to shoot at! Everyone is just a fairly dark silhouette, and the floaty crap above peoples heads just makes it worse. Sometimes there's a blue triangle there and a name, sometimes there's not. Aside from constantly bouncing your eyes off the minimap, how does one distinguish friend/foe in this game? :(

Re: Identifying Friend / Foe

You have to constantly bounce your eyes back and forth from the minimap.

:icon_lol:

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Well that's hardly immersive.. and it doesn't work when there's "swarming" all around a flag.

Comment

The team color palette is very muted, I find. I don't think it makes for very good gameplay, but I'm getting used to it slowly.
        I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

I try to keep situational awareness about where my squad mates are, so when I see someone outta place, I think "hmmmmm [MENTION=7254]P8riot[/MENTION] can't run that fast to that spot...hes to old! ;)" Than I shoot 'em
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
            I try to keep situational awareness about where my squad mates are, so when I see someone outta place, I think "hmmmmm [MENTION=7254]P8riot[/MENTION] can't run that fast to that spot...hes to old! ;)" Than I shoot 'em
            LOL oh frikkin' EL.

I was running around tonight thinkin "I'm too old for this S#!T" and "I am performing a valuable service for my squad... soaking up bullets better spent on them"

But/ I am with Whiskey. I can't see anything beyond 100yds or (usually) LESS.
            sigpic

Comment

Odd? I'm not having any issue at all. The pop up over their head is enough for me..... It's the same as bf3
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Yeah if they have the Icons above their head they are on your side. I also found using one of the colorblind settings helps a bit.
                Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

The problem was half the time friendlies didn't have floaties over them and I tk'd. Maybe it was a bug? I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                    The problem was half the time friendlies didn't have floaties over them and I tk'd. Maybe it was a bug? I hope so.
                    This is the biggest problem I face. Sometimes friendlies don't have that little marker. At that point I aim downsight and it *usually* will pop up at that point. Either that or just shoot it to be safe and be quick on the "Sorry" comm rose item lol (j/k)

Comment

Hmmm it's very odd that you guys aren't getting the floaties. They are instantaneous for me on my screen??? I wonder why that is
                      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                        Hmmm it's very odd that you guys aren't getting the floaties. They are instantaneous for me on my screen??? I wonder why that is
                        There is a delay between pop ups, what are your video settings both for your card and game play? There may be a setting that is tweaked. I literally ran around a corner amongst 5 enemy and friendlies...no friendly indicator. I killed 3 enemy and two friendlies (in hind sight that is a win :) ) But it is frustrating.

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Not sure what my settings are. Games gorgeous and it ran good so I didn't touch anything lol.

Guess I will have to look

Comment

More fiber will help increase the floaties.
                            sigpic

Comment

just shoot them in leg , if you get a friendly fire popup, stop shooting, if not kill shooting lol

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X